Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ldelia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2008, 04:03 AM
    Lawnchief Tractor won't start
    I seem to have an electrical problem with my tractor. Battery is fine the ignition switch has 12v going in and 12v going out. It looks like it may be the switch located under the clutch pedal, is there anyway I can test it to see if this could be the problem?
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2008, 04:44 PM
    Yes, try a new switch, but be ware, this is an electrical part and is probably non - returnable. You could carry it to a shop, and they may diagnose it for free.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lawn tractor won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old Sears lawn tractor, model # 917-254520, and it will not start. It does not turn over and makes a clicking noise when attempts are made to start. I have had the battery checked and is okay. I was told by someone that it could be a solenoid. If so, where is the solenoid located such...

Craftsman Tractor will not start [ 1 Answers ]

My tractor will not start. I have a 19.5 horsepower tractor that is about 6 years old. I need to drain the gas tank. I think used 91 octane instead of 89. DO you think draining the tank and putting the appropriate octane gas will fix the problem. How do I drain the tank and where can I get a owners...

Lawn tractor won't start [ 2 Answers ]

While using the tractor it just slowly stopped. It turns over but does not start. Yes it has gas and oil and the air filter is clean. What do I check next?:confused:

My MTD tractor just won't start [ 1 Answers ]

46" lawn tractor. I had to change the PTO belt. After I changed it, I realized I did not tighten one of the belt brackets to keep the belt in place. I stopped the tractor and fixed that. Now it won't start. When I turn the key, absolutely nothing happens. I checked the battery, which is...

View more questions Search