Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NORAB1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2008, 05:58 AM
    Brigs and stratton vanguard engine 18 hp
    My engine froze up, ran out for oil.got it Running again but it stopped abruptly.now it will not start .it turns over easily.pulled the plug and there is no compressicon.you would think that if ibroke sonthing in the engine,it wouldn't turn over. Any ideas.
    THANK YOU
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2008, 02:40 PM
    You my friend have probably broken a rod. Therefore, you will not have any compression, and the engine will turn over very easily. I know with oil at $112. A barrel it is high, but you need to keep a check on the oil. You could either put in a new rod, or have it done by a shop. Then less likely would be the valves stuck, but I would vote on the connecting rod to the piston.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Briggs & Stratton 16hp vanguard [ 11 Answers ]

I have a simplicity mower (1998) with a 16hp vertical shaft vanguard v-twin engine (303777 1111-51). Yesterday, after running the mower with turbo bagger attachment (a little extra load on the engine), for about 20 minutes, I idled back the engine and it began belching large clouds of blue/white...

Briggs and Stratton Vanguard OHV Engine [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new Briggs and Stratton 8000 watt generator powered by a Vanguard 15 hp overhead valve engine.Since it came from the factory it has a popping sound from the muffler as it runs. It seems as though there is a misfire. The spark plug has been changed and the spark is in spec. Service dealers...

Briggs & Stratton 16 hp Vanguard [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all, I have a this 16 HP Vanguard motor that came on a Dosko stump grinder. My problem is that the fuel will weep into the block and fill my cylinders. It also drips out of some sort of metal intake line that has nothing attached to it. This intake does suck air as it will kill the engine if...

View more questions Search