Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrme Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2008, 08:37 AM
    Intertherm gas heater pilot lite won't stay lit.
    I have followed the directions, yet the pilot lite won't stay on.
    therinnaiguy Posts: 153, Reputation: 5

Jan 3, 2008, 09:49 AM
    Most likely you will need to replace the thermocouple. It's the small copper tube attached to the pilot assembly going to the gas valve. A good hardware store will stock them. They come in different lengths so measure your old one.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2008, 10:56 AM
    Good first step. Post back if it doesn't work.
    elsupito Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2013, 03:55 PM
    I had the thermocouple replaced last winter.. it worked for about 3 months then went out so I thought.we left heater off for the rest of the winter and just used space heaters.this year I went to clean heater pads and dust.so I thought I would give it a shot at lighting the heater to see what was going on and to my surprise the heater started right up for about 2 weeks.is the problem my thermocouple or my lever that has off on and pilot and set??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furance won't stay lite [ 2 Answers ]

I have a beckett afg oil furance when I hit the reset button it lite run reach the temperature in the house but when temparture drop in the house the furance will lite but cut off when try to startup again it lite but just go out

Gas fireplace won't lite,pilot light is on [ 7 Answers ]

I turned my gas fireplace on and the pilot lit fine and stays on but I can not get the main fire to go on. I have cleaned the thermocouple and other device on other side of pilot and also tried jumping the thermostat at wall and at fire place but no luck.

Water heater pilot won't stay lit [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, last Friday BGE (Baltimore Gas and Electric) turned off the gas supply to a couple row houses on my block. They said water had gotten in the gas line and they were in the process of clearing it out. On Tuesday, when I was able to get my heat back (electric ignitor), the service guy tried to...

Water heater pilot won't stay on [ 1 Answers ]

The pilot on my water heater will turn off two to three times per week. Why might cause this problem?

Pilot won't stay on [ 3 Answers ]

I have a snyder-general furnace and my pilot won't stay on after you turn it from pilot to on I tried evrything... is it the thermocouple or does this furnace have a sensor... and if so how do I change it out... furnace was manufacture in 91...

View more questions Search