Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LAROSA Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2007, 07:34 PM
    Carb Flooding
    I have a Briggs & Stratton engine on a pull-behind trail mower. Gas seems to just keep flowing into the carburetor. Fuel tank emptied overnight through the carburetor/air-filter assembly.

Engine starts when fuel tank is empty and just a few drops of gas in the carburetor. Engine does not start if there is fuel in the fuel tank due to flooding.

Thanks for the help.

Luis
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 11, 2007, 10:01 AM
    Your needle valve in the carb bowl is not seating. Open the bowl, check the float and clean the valve and seat, then reassemble. Don't put the bowl back on but add gas to the tank. When you raise the float the gas should stop dripping and when lowered the gas starts dripping again. If this doesn't work you should get yourself a carb rebuilking kit from B&S.
    white rook Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2007, 10:42 AM
    Above is probably the best advice. But you could try tapping on the bowl.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 11, 2007, 11:50 AM
    White Rock, that could possibly work but I'm always concerned that whatever is clogging the needle may now get into the jets of the carb.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Floodplains and flooding [ 1 Answers ]

If a river does not transort material would a floodplain be present?:confused:

Water flooding! [ 2 Answers ]

I woke up to water dripping from my dining room ceiling and light fixtures. There were cracks in the paint in a few different spots where it was dripping. The upstairs bathroom (which is directly above) toilet had apparently overflowed continuously throughout the night. I turned off the water to...

Basement flooding [ 1 Answers ]

Water seeps into my basement during and after heavy rains. And actually the water in the basement sort of seeps out of the basement after 12 to 24 hours of the end of the rain. Is this due to a rising water table, or to water build up in the dirt filled area around the foundation walls? Will...

Basement Flooding [ 3 Answers ]

We have a home which was built 6 years ago and we have a basement with a sump pump and backup sump pump. 9 months ago we had flooding due to the main sump going out. The backup could not keep up with the water flow. We had our original plumber come in (and builder) and he replaced the sump. ...

Basement Flooding [ 3 Answers ]

Just moved into a 100 year old home in New England, I had an alarm installed with a "flood" option... The alarm went off one early morning and I went downstairs to check the problem and found the basement was covered in two inches of water thanks to Spring thaw and a good deal of rain. It all...

View more questions Search