Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jsneeze Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2007, 09:03 PM
    Furance won't stay lite
    I have a beckett afg oil furance when I hit the reset button it lite run reach the temperature in the house but when temparture drop in the house the furance will lite but cut off when try to startup again it lite but just go out
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 3, 2007, 05:01 AM
    Make sure you have plenty of oil in the tank.
    Many problems can cause what you describe.
    When was the last time you have a professional tune up?
    This should be done every year!
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2007, 05:29 AM
    Oil furnaces are a little different from most of the gas oriented info at https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/heatin...ons-58313.html

You still need to follow the same steps, identifying the last step that happens and checking the sensor for it and if the component in the next step is getting power.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace won't lite [ 1 Answers ]

I have a amana furnace can't get the hot surface igniter to work... igniter is new, no power to it.. control board flashes once , meaning a lockout(?)furnace will light if I use lighter... I checked all 3 overloads and pressure switch, all show good... induction fan runs as soon as power is on,...

Furance won't stay on [ 1 Answers ]

My furance turns on for about30 seconds then turns off for about 3 seconds never long enough for blower to come on

Why it won't lite [ 1 Answers ]

Why my beckett furance oil won't lite

Replaced thermocouple furnace still won't stay lite [ 2 Answers ]

Our furnace was pushing out cold air, my husband replaced the thermocouple and now the furnace will lite, then about 20 seconds later the light will go out and the whole furnace will stop working. It is a Coleman forced heat. Please give us some help

HEIL furnace will not stay lite [ 3 Answers ]

I have a older heil furnace (Model#867.769445) about 20 years old. When the pilot turns on after a few seconds the burners light, then after a second or two they shut off, on again, and off. They will do this continually until finally they stay on or the furnace stops trying to heat. I have also...

View more questions Search