Ask
    r-p-ence Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2007, 11:49 AM
    Replacing the drive belt on a craftsman riding mower
    How can you replace the power drive belt on a craftsman riding mower
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 25, 2007, 06:38 PM
    OK so you are talking about the belt from the engine to the transmission, right? Lower the deck all of the way and be sure the blade lever is not engaged. You will need to remove the belt from the engine to the mower deck on most tractors. This requires a bit of prying with a screw driver and rotate the deck pulley to help peel off the belt. There may be keeper pins that get in the way , they are there to help keep the belt on but you can get past them. Once the mower belt is gone you have a better shot at the drive belt. Removing the deck is not necessary but it does give you a lot more room. Depress the clutch pedal and have someone hold it down while you again pry with a screw driver and rotate the transmission pullet. I'd recommend only OEM belts for replacement so go to Sears to order or drop by their store. You'll need your model number.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2007, 05:49 AM
    Good points there ball, but be careful with that prying, it hurts if you slip. Ball, you know about this don't you? Ouch.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 27, 2007, 08:14 AM
    I now have less to be pinched with the screw driver.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2007, 01:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1
    I now have less to be pinched with the screw driver.
    Yes, I know, that is what I was talking about.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Diagram for replacing lawn mower belt on Sears Craftsman 4000 Riding Mower [ 9 Answers ]

I need a diagram on how to replace a belt on the Sears Craftsman II 4000 riding mower

Replace Drive Belt on Craftsman II riding mower [ 0 Answers ]

Is there a diagram available that will show me how to replace the drive belt on an older Craftsman II 11 HP 6 speed 40 inch riding mower. The deck is off it already. The Model number is 592255750 the serial number is 00350427. The belt broke and came off and I have no way of knowing how to get the...

Craftsman 30" 13.5 hp riding mower drive belt [ 1 Answers ]

Thank you, Please advise the technique in the removal and replacement of the clutch drive belt on this craftsman riding mower, model number 536270211. (Same as Murray Mower.) Thanks Steve

Replacing drive belt on Craftsman riding mower [ 1 Answers ]

How do I replace the drive belt on a 125HP, 38" mastercraft riding mower?

View more questions Search