Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thebigC Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2007, 06:40 PM
    5 hp briggs only runs when you pour gas in carb
    I got a briggs motor somewhere between 5 and 6 hp. When I put a little gas in the carburater it sucks it in and then will start after a few pulls for about 30 seconds but when it runs out of the gas I pour in it dies then won't star. IF I give it half to full throtle it revs but it won't idle by itself or stay running any help thanks.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2007, 07:35 PM
    Could be a bad diaphram, a stopped up pickup tube in the fuel tank, or water in the fuel. I can't see which carb set up you have, so I am just trying to hit on something to help you here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Oil getting into carb on 16 hp Briggs [ 1 Answers ]

I have a lawn tractor with a 16 hp Briggs engine. It burns oil. I put Lucas oil in and it helped. However the problem is back! There is oil showing up in the air filter. Obviously the engine smokes. What are the possible causes?

16 H P Briggs carb takes no fuel [ 2 Answers ]

16 H P Briggs carb will not take gas without squirting into top. Gas IS getting to carb. Wire is hot to anti backfire/fuel shutoff solenoid but it does not click. I'm told it's bad. How do you remove it. I see no threads or how to remove it. Thanks Buddy

19hp briggs new carb and stalls [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all new to the fourum I have a question I hope you all can help. I have a murray lawn tractor with a 19 hp briggs. I put a new carb on it and the tractor runs but stalls under a load like it is running out of fuel. When I inspected the carb the bowl was full of gas and clean. The mechanic I took...

Carb tuning a 12hp Briggs (non-OHV) [ 1 Answers ]

I am a new member who recently purchased a used Montgomery Wards riding mower (serial no.TMC 36937A/K219H). The mower had recently been painted- over red (poorly), so the ser. no. could be slightly off. I am experiencing difficulties in properly tuning the carb (i.e. the governor is kicking in @...

View more questions Search