Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leafjumper Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2007, 10:34 AM
    Craftsman Riding Lawnmower - won't turn over
    I have a craftsman riding lawnmower that I just had a new battery put in and it completely tuned up in May. I have used it about 3 times this summer to cut the lawn and now it won't turn over. I inherited the lawn mower when I bought my house so I don't know what it's history is but it seems to have battery issues. I would like to be able to handle this issue without having to call a repair person each time. Can anyone tell me where I can get a manual for a craftsman? Also, where is the battery under the hood? I looked and nothing looks like a battery. I would like to go and get a battery charger and just recharge the battery, but not sure what I am looking for. Any help would be appreciated.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 6, 2007, 10:52 AM
    The battery is under the seat on many Sears Tractors and you should be able to get a manual from Sears website. You need to find the model number. A new battery in May and now its may be dead, sounds like you have a slow drain, not a short, in your harness.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2007, 07:45 PM
    Your model number will probably be 917. Something
    Example : 917.1234566779895

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trouble starting craftsman lawnmower [ 2 Answers ]

Have a craftsman lawnmower and we have trouble starting it every time we use it, the spark plug always is black. What could the problem be?

Craftsman 26 HP riding lawnmower [ 5 Answers ]

It turns on and rides fine but once I pull the blade engagement switch nothing happens. I guess what I am asking is why the blades won't engage?:confused:

Craftsman lawnmower carburator being bad [ 1 Answers ]

We have tore this mower apart. Does anybody have a picture of the workings of this stupid thing? It is model#917.272352. At this point any info would be appreciated!!

View more questions Search