Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MJN015 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2007, 11:42 AM
    Central AC Blower Leaking Water.
    Hi all,

I went down to my basement yesterday and found the carpeting wet by the room that houses my blower (forced air heat and central ac).

From the looks of things (meaning my inexperience and the fact that I can't see anyplace on the blower to "open up" and take a look at things) I'm probably going to have to have a professional come in and fix this problem.

My question is, "How much is this going to cost me?" Does anyone have any idea what I should expect?

Thanks in advance for your replies and help!

Michael
    wutafuta Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2007, 12:33 PM
    Always depends on what is broken... and how much they charge to come out to your place.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 01:35 PM
    Your condesate drain pipe is probably clogged up. Easy fix. Open the front panel on the airhandler (inside unit) and take a wire or the like and wiggle around to open it up. Don't know pricing in your area but this is something you could do yourself. Good Luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Central Air blower not working [ 17 Answers ]

My central air conditioning blower is not working. Fan on outside unit works but inside fan does not. When I manually turn the fan on at the thermostat it still does not work. What do I need to check?

Central ac blower doesn't start [ 4 Answers ]

My split unit (blower in the attic, compressor out back) hums but does not start. I tried to turn on the blower/fan only and I get the same hum and stops. Normally I would think that I have a bad motor, but if I keep trying on-off, on-off the fan and blower & and AC(compressor) will start and...

Central air blower [ 4 Answers ]

I have a York split system heat&air unit. The blower motor does not run on A/C. It does run in the fan only position. Also runs with heat. I pulled off one wire on the capacitor mounted on blower housing and motor would humm but not start, but ran again with wire replaced. The top fan and...

Central air blower [ 1 Answers ]

I have a York split system heat & air. The blower does not come on with a/c. Works with heat or fan only position. I pulled a wire off the capacitor mounted on the blower cover(squirrel cage blower) The blower hummed but did not start, started when I replaced wire. This was done with thermostat...

Central AC Blower [ 1 Answers ]

I have a whirlpool package unit aprox 20yrs old. Can't find a model#. The blower runs OK when I put the fan setting to on, but won't run when I set it to auto. The compressor kicks on and off when it is supposed to as I change the thermostat setting, but the fan won't come on. A couple of times...

View more questions Search