Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    qwazoe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2007, 03:44 PM
    John Deere L110
    John deere model L110

Mower was working fine. I got off it to add more gas, when I got back on it would not start. I turn the key and nothing, no clicking, nothing. I disconnected the pressure switch from the seat and still nothing. Mower blades are not engaged. What am I missing, it still won't start and the battery is good.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2007, 07:40 PM
    Check Your Battery Connections.
    Check That The Clutch / Brake Pedal Is Fully Depressed.
    Check Your Blade Engagement Position.
    Check Your Fuse.
    Good Luck.
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2007, 07:54 PM
    o.k. how did you test battery? A battery can have 12+ volts and still be bad, what happens is when there is a "LOAD" put on the battery the ccas will drop too low. So have it tested with a load tester.

Move the blade engagement handle in and out of position a few times.

Check that the ground cable connection is tight and not rusty.

Check the starter solenoid. To do this you can take a heavy gauge wire and strip the two ends about 1/2" AND TOUCH THE TWO TOP POSTS OF THE SOLENOID. IF IT FIRES THE STARTER OFF, YOU EITHER HAVE A BAD GROUND AT THE SOLENOID TO TRACTOR FRAME, A BAD SOLENOID, OR A BAD POSITIVE BATTERY CABLE. HERE AGAIN IT CAN SHOW 12+VOLTS TO THE "in" side of the solenoid, but when the key is turned and the " SIDE OF THE SOLENOID, BUT WHEN THE KEY IS TURNED AND THE " is applied the cable may not provide the needed amps.

Last chance is probably the ignition switch.
    Good luck.
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2007, 02:51 AM
    Have You Came Up With Anything Yet?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

John Deere L110 Starts/ Will not move [ 4 Answers ]

My four year old John Deere had a flat tire. Jacked it up under the tranny housing fixed tire and put all back, now tractor starts fine, runs fine, but will not move forward of back. Has an automatic transmission, was running fine before tire change now doesn't move. It is not the brake and it is...

John Deere L110 Service Questions [ 13 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old John Deere L110 mower with 40 hours. 2 questions today. I am ready to change blades on the deck, and the owner's manual is not overly helpful. When loosening the blade bolts, do you loosen them counter clockwise for removal? Second question: After about 45 minutes of mowing,...

John Deere L110 Starting Problem [ 16 Answers ]

The mower will start, but it takes a while. When I turn the key it will just make a clicking sound or the starter will try to engage but doesn't seem to have enough power to turn the flywheel. I replaced the starter thinking that is the problem. The battery was replaced less than a year ago. The...

John Deere L110 Carburetor [ 3 Answers ]

I have a John Deere L110 that's about 3 years old and it does not want to run it has little or no power and back fires a lot when it finally does start. I have tried the kohler carburetor rebuild kit with no luck

John Deere L110 Starts Will Not Move [ 2 Answers ]

My L110 starts but will move neither forward or reverse. I've check the free-wheeling gear (OK) and the brake lock (OK). Still will not start. I was attempting to drive up a steep incline (about 20% grade) with a flat rear tire. After spinning for a while, I shut it down. Now after replacing the...

View more questions Search