Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Aggie99 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2007, 08:44 AM
    Craftsman LT100 starts but dies quickly
    We have a Craftsman LT100 that will start and go about 100 feet and then die. We are trying to figure out what is wrong so we can work to repair it. Any ideas on what could be wrong and how we could go about fixing it?
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2007, 08:58 AM
    Have you checked the air and gas filter? I would start there then clen the carb. Good Luck
    wutafuta Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2007, 01:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie99
    We have a Craftsman LT100 that will start and go about 100 feet and then die. We are trying to figure out what is wrong so we can work to repair it. Any ideas on what could be wrong and how we could go about fixing it?
    Check to see if the carb is has a solenoid valve at the bottom of the bowl (should have wires coming out of it) Turn the key off then on (not to the starting point) with your fingers touching the valve if you don't feel a clicking then it may not beworking... The Valve 'cuts gas flow off' when its in off position as a safety feature... if its 'burnt out' then its not opening when the lawnmower is cranked thus cutting gas flow thus killing the engine.

Also check your gas for water bubbles it could be suckin good gas then when you move the mower thewater bubbles move and suck into and kill the engine.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2007, 08:03 PM
    Check You Safety Switch On Your Seat, I Worked On One The Other Day Doing The Same Thing And The Customer Was Well "very Heavy" And The Seat Engagement Tang Was Bent To Far Up, Re Bent Tang And Problem Fixed.
    If You Know How Check To See That The Spark Plug Is Getting "fire" After It Dies, If Not You Have A Bad Coil.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

89 Dakota Starts then dies immediately [ 2 Answers ]

The truck is a 3.9 V6, fuel injected. We thought it was a fuel pump or fuel filter problem but replacing both of them didn't solve the problem. I replaced the pickup coil (reluctor) or whatever the thing is called inside the distributor. Again no help. Gas gauge reads normal when you turn the...

Briggs starts runs and dies and restarts [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everybody I have a briggs model 310707 type 0137-e1 Code 020208ZE It starts, runs for a while then starts to sputter spit and sometimes backfire and quit After it quits it has spark but there seems to be a abundance of fuel in the top of the carburetor. It has a NIKI carburetor. It has a...

Battery dies quickly [ 1 Answers ]

I charged the battery for 1st time this year and started the mower to check it a couple weeks ago and it started immediately. I ran it for several minutes, it was running fine and then I turned it off until today. The battery seemed to be dead so I charged it for about a half hour and the charger...

1990 Eagle Talon starts, runs 2 seconds, dies. [ 3 Answers ]

My 1990 Eagle Talon turbo AWD starts, runs about 2 seconds, then dies. It just started doing this when I took the ECM out from under the dash to look at the wiring. Sometimes by wiggling the wires around I can get it to run normally (not die). Then while it is running, if I wiggle the wires...

Snapper Mower, riding, B&Stranton 9hp Starts, runs, dies... [ 2 Answers ]

So I was feeling pretty snappy from having got my mom's push mower running. She had put a new spark plug in, I gapped it, and drained fuel, took of round thingy with a float in it and washed a screw with hole (in gas). She is mowing with it now! Great... But her riding mower, snapper, with 9...

View more questions Search