Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Orchid Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2007, 04:51 PM
    Oil Leak - Troy Bilt Lawn Mower
    I have a 21" 6.5/190CC self-propelled Troy Bilt lawn mower. After mowing for about 15 minutes it starts leaking oil. I can't tell where it is coming from. Please advise.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 24, 2007, 08:18 PM
    Sounds like this leak is not in the upper half of the engine so it must be much lower. I'm sure you checked the drain plug but recheck it again. Spray the underside and topside of the engine with a solvent and clean off and dry. Remove the blade and start the ngine. Have someone hold down the handle all the way to the grounds so you can inspect with a light. If it is coming out of the main shaft you have a bad seal. Not too expensive if you have the knowhow to repair yourself. If you must take it in to a pro it may be better to buy a new unit instaed.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2007, 11:57 AM
    If you go to purchase an oil seal for the bottom side of the engine, you will also have to obtain a sump pan gasket. That way you can do the job correctly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Troy bilt lawn mower [ 2 Answers ]

I know this is easy but I've never mowed a lawn so here goes... what kind of oil do I need to put in a Troy Built lawnmower that 6.75 horsepower? Thank you,

Troy Bilt Riding Lawn Mower issues [ 1 Answers ]

2006 Troy Bilt "Pony" 17.5 HP, 7 speed "shift on the go" Just moved and it was fine when it went on moving truck. Arrives and zero happens when key is turned. Suspect battery, but checks fine. Suspect safety switches. Check seat, brake, PTO switches. All look good physically being...

Changing Oil, Troy Bilt Riding Mower [ 5 Answers ]

I am ded3 and new at lawn care. I have a Troy Bilt riding mower and would Like to know where to drain the oil in order to change it as well as an easy Way to get to the spark plug. Can anyone help in simple language for Beginner?

Troy Bilt Pony Riding Lawn Mower [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased a Troy Bilt Pony riding lawn mower two years ago this summer. I started it for the first time yesterday and after mowing for about 5 minutes, white smoke started coming out of the exhaust. I stopped the mower and restarted it after a minute or so. I drove about 10 feet and the smoke...

View more questions Search