Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ktzmower Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2007, 07:10 AM
    Toro 57360 Clutch locked in engaged mode
    Cannot shift when engine running, and mower keeps trying to move forward.

Installed new belt. Ran following test:
    Park Brake ON
    Wheels chocked
    Tranny in neutral
    Clutch Depressed or Not depressed (makes no difference)

Transaxle pulley still turns.

Conclusion: clutch stuck in engaged mode.

Briggs & Stratton, vertical, gear tranny (Peerless 801F)

How does one Unstick or disengage a clutch?

Engine turned off, depressed clutch pedal, no movement what so ever, even though the
    Bar is pressing on top of the clutch mechanism.

Guidance please, point me in the right direction to start to fix this.
    TIA
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2007, 07:38 AM
    Was this the drive belt you replaced
    ktzmower Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2007, 08:27 AM
    Yes, however, the clutch was doing the same thing prior to replacing the drive belt.
    I verified the tranny movement by marking the pulley with white paint and using a mirror to reflect from under the rear cover, while I was sitting on the seat. Only difference between having clutch pedal released or depressed is: A loud HUM sound occurs when the clutch pedal is depressed and stops when I release the clutch pedal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing traction belt on toro 57360 with manual [ 1 Answers ]

1980 11hp 32" cut riding mower. Found a surprise when attempting to follow instructions. Removed blade clutch mount bolt and the cutter blade assembly is supposed to drop off the engine crank to enable belt removal. No! There is a thing called the Clutch actuator, which is used by the...

Toro pull starter [ 2 Answers ]

Toro recycler pull start pulls almost all the way out before engageing the engine to start. How do I repair?

Furnace turns off at 'ON' mode and will not operate at 'AUTO' mode [ 6 Answers ]

The furnace will not turns on at "ON' mode. After some reading, I thought it would be the pilot light that has gone out. I re-lighted the pilot light to see blue-red flame, but the furnace will turn off AGAIN after 3-4 hrs. Replaced a new Honeywell non-programmable thermostat today with the...

Furnace turns off at 'ON' mode and will not operate at 'AUTO' mode [ 2 Answers ]

The furnace will not turns on at "ON' mode. After some reading, I thought it would be the pilot light that has gone out. I re-lighted the pilot light to see blue-red flame, but the furnace will turn off AGAIN after 3-4 hrs. Replaced a new Honeywell non-programmable thermostat today with the...

View more questions Search