Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    poejoe8 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2009, 04:41 PM
    Lawnmower won't start
    Here's the deal with my Sears mower. I've checked the feul, spark plug, air filter and now I believe it's the carburetor. When I pull the chord, the mower turns over and sounds like it's starting, but almost immediately shuts off. So, now when I pull the chord, I immediately reach down and press the primer pump and the mower will keep running until I stop pressing the pump... is this a gas line or is it the carburetor? Suggestions?
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

May 12, 2009, 04:58 PM

Could be the fuel line has a crack in it and allowing air to suck into carb. But it sounds more like the carburetor

Try some carb cleaner in the bowl and see if it smooths it out.

If you could post all the No# on the engine may be able to get a parts manual so you know what's what on the carb..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lawnmower won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I recently rebuilt my lawnmower engine with help from the guys at work. I put it back on the mower just to test it and it turns over but will not fire. The battery is shot so I'm using a jumper box with the pos on the starter bolt and negative on frame. I tested for spark and fuel plenty still...

Lawnmower won't start [ 1 Answers ]

:( I mistakenly put a gas oil mix into my 4 cycle lawnmower and before I realized what I did I flooded it with the gas oil mix and now the mower won't start.

Lawnmower won't start [ 5 Answers ]

My John Deere Riding mower has been sitting all winter. Now it won't start. Help?

Lawnmower won't start [ 2 Answers ]

I have tried for two weekends to get my Toro Lawnmower (3 yrs. Old) to start with no luck. Last week, the pull string broke and I have replaced that as well as the spark plug. Anything else?

View more questions Search