Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wemope Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2009, 07:33 PM
    Need to know about My Antique Push Mower.
    Hello.. I have a Very Old Antique Push Mower.. and I was trying to find out some information on it . It is all still very original and everything is still in place. It has a Clinton Horizontal Shaft Engine on it and has side skirts on it and is a rare Find I know.. And when I laid Eyes on it I just had to have it because it is so rare and I have never seen one like it. It is made by Winchell MFG. Company... I can get some pictures if anyone needs / wants to see them.. I am just curious as to its year and its original color.. because it is rusty looking but all the sheet metal is still in very great shape and not rusted out and is still very thick and heavy made. Still has All Tires in place too.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

May 11, 2009, 08:09 PM

You can post pics using "Go Advanced/Manage attachments". You can resize using a free program: IrfanView - Official Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide

Bet this is a reel type mower. Yea, dad had a used one. Maybe late 60's. It was an odd engine.

The color is something like THIS with a little more green in it.

Here is some info:

Clinton engine list

Color probably the one at the bottom of this page;

Google Image Result for http://www.asecc.com/gallery/images/RTclinton.jpg
    wemope Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2009, 08:30 PM

Sorry.. but its not a Reel type mower.. it has a Blade on it like a regular push mower of today has... the Model Number is 4575 on the mower and the engine is model number 700A it is a 1 1/2 HP engine @ 3200 RPM. Serial NUmber on the Engine is 0185439. It has Firestone Champion Inflatible tire on the back and the size of them are 3.00 by 7 and the front tires are made of hard rubber and are around 5 inches tall and 1 inche wide.. I was told that This Company went out of business back in 1957 and that Clinton stopped making engines back in 1960 so I know it is at least that old. If anyone can be of help please feel free to share some info on it.. I do have some pictures but like I said it has no paint on the mower or engine what so ever.. But I really do think it is a neat mower.. Thanks to all who read this and can be of some help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much oil do I put in my push mower? [ 2 Answers ]

How much oil am I supposed to put in my push mower? Yes I know about checking the dipstick but I need to know the exact amount to put in there in the first place. It's the cheapest push mower Wal-Mart sells and it's the WeedEater brand made by Briggs and Stratton if I am correct. Thanks! ...

Push Mower Motor [ 1 Answers ]

My push mower motor started to run uneven and sputter. I shut it down... let it cool down... but then I discovered that gas was getting into the oil. Did the motor blow a gasket ( which one ? ) or could it be another problem ? Thanks,Bowdon

Push mower quitting. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I just got my mower (5hp Briggs) out for the first time this year and refilled the oil and fuel. Started great then after about 5-10 minutes (about the time it should've been warmed up), it would kind of bog down and quit running. White smoke was coming out of the exaust and from the top of...

Antique mower [ 1 Answers ]

I have an antique riding lawn mower that has a Briggs and Stanton engine, was made by MILBRADT. My guess it was made in the 1920's or 30's. Does anyone know anything about these? Year or value?

Push Mower Trouble [ 3 Answers ]

I tried to start my mower today and after a couple of pulls on the rope it locked up. I can not pull the rope nor can I turn the blade. Can someone help? Thanks

View more questions Search