Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    traceman92 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2009, 04:38 PM
    John deere transaxle
    I'm having problem with me L120 John Deere once it gets hot it won't climb hills I know for a fact its not the belt I replaced it and it is routed correctly I was told it was a valve problem and that the transaxle is sealed but this is not the case I was able to separate the transaxle by removing from the tractor and removing all the bolts and it split right in half with ease now I just need to know exactly where or what my vavles look like so I know to get the right part. Thank you
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Aug 12, 2009, 06:47 PM

Hi,
    Deere has a breakdown of it and TuffTorq may have a service manual for download, they only have a couple so far.
    John Deere - Parts Catalog
    Peace,
    Clarke
    traceman92 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2009, 04:26 PM
    Service manual
    Does anyone know of a web site that I can go to, to download or print a repair manual for a transmission on my L120 john deere lawn tractor
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Aug 13, 2009, 06:15 PM

Hi,
    I do not have the access I had when I worked for a dealer, so I cannot find the model in the L120 (it is on the right axle housing.)
    This link has the two manuals available from TuffTorq, K61 and K92. Look under Troubleshooting.
    Lawnmower Transaxles from Tuff Torq
    Peace,
    Clarke
    mower_man Posts: 81, Reputation: 2

Aug 15, 2009, 06:31 AM

OK,before you attempt to do aything,check the fluid level in the transmission.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

John Deere L120 Transaxle [ 12 Answers ]

Is there a way to add hydraulic fluid to a John Deere L120 riding mower? Background: it's about 5 years old. This year it is having difficulty going up hills. I thought it might be the belt, so with the unit upright, I replaced the belt. Now, it won't go at all. I believe (is this possible?)...

John Deere 68 [ 1 Answers ]

Where is the model number located on a John Deere 68 and what size belt do I need for the blades to work?

John Deere 318 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a John Deere 318 with an Onan engine. When I try to move the mower it wants to die after the hydrostat safety switch is released. If I "tie" down the safety switch I can drive it, but it dies as I hit the mowing deck. Any hints on what to replace? Thanks, Rod Hite

View more questions Search