Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Weedy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2006, 07:51 PM
    WeedEater Brand Lawn mower
    I purchased a New 42" cut Lawn tractor about 9-10yrs ago and I am finally starting to have problems. Today, I had a tensioner pulley freeze up and then it seemed like the transaxle was starting to slip. First, where do I go to get parts on line and second, what can I do to check the transaxle? Any and all help would be much appreciated and much needed.
    Thank you inadvance
    Weedy
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2006, 09:54 PM
    9-10 years, belts to start with... if they are original. As for parts... search for AYP (american yard products) parts... the trans could just have the belt slipping on it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weedeater Riding Mower, Blade won't engage [ 2 Answers ]

We have a Weedeater riding lawnmower model 733-848 or HD12538j. The blade will not engage and I found a spring that fell out. I can't tell by the manual where it goes.

Weedeater lawn tractor [ 7 Answers ]

I have a weedeater lawn tractor age unknown but 5-8 years guessing with a 12.5 briggs engine, went to start it last week and clicking was all I got so tried to manually turn crankshaft and it was froze, this week I got to tinkering with it and was able to turn shaft and it fired up like always,...

Lawn mower help [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 18.5 poulan pro 42" 2 years old. It will start but no matter what I do it kills, like hitting the kill switch. If I let out the clutch, even in neutral it kills. Engage blades or anything it kills. And the weirdest thing is that the kill switch in the seat doesn't kill it. I really...

Riding lawn mower [ 6 Answers ]

I have 1/2 acre of lawn and wish to replace an old Craftsman mower. Sears advertises a 17-HP Kohler Pro engine, 42 inch lawn tractor for $1200.00. Is this a good value, and do you recommend Craftsman lawn tractors? Thanks!

View more questions Search