Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maxbear52 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2007, 05:47 PM
    Starter Rewind repair Briggs and Stratton
    I have a Briggs and Stratton 3.75 Spirit motor Model 98902 Type 0131 with a broken recoil spring. I can rewind the cord by hand and still start the motor. However after a year and a half of that I figure it's time to fix this! I am mechanically sound but wanted to know if there is anything I should look out for in taking on this repair. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    newaukumdon Posts: 525, Reputation: 44

Apr 1, 2007, 11:09 PM
    Take the cover off and bring it in to the local repair shop. Let them put it in while you wait, shouldn't cost much and worth the money.

Don
    hwy61 Posts: 19, Reputation: 5

Apr 2, 2007, 10:45 PM
    We use to remove these and bolt on the old kind that you simply wrap the starter rope around. It worked fine too. Lol

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I can't pull the starter cord on my 10hp Briggs and Stratton Engine [ 6 Answers ]

I recently purchased a two year old 10 hp Troy Built wood chipper. I've used it for about 4-5 hours and recently had to add a little oil. I added the correct type as per the manufacturers instructions. It started up just fine and after 15 minutes or so I shut it off to empty the bag. Once the...

16.5 hp briggs and stratton [ 2 Answers ]

I have an older 16.5 hp Briggs and Statton riding mower,and have had the starter rebuilt. I was told that before I put it back on the mower I need to have "The Valve" turned or it would be pointless.My question is what valve needs to be turned and where is it located.I am assuming I would takr the...

12.5 briggs and stratton motor repair [ 2 Answers ]

I have replaced conrod but have stuffed up settings. Do not know correct position of piston related to tapped setting

Briggs and Stratton 16.5 hp [ 3 Answers ]

My friend has a Briggs and Stratton 16.5 hp engine on a riding lawn mower. He asked me if I had ever seen one that leaked oil from under the flywheel. He said there are two holes under the flywheel that oil is seeping out of. I am totally at a loss of the holes he is referring to and therefore I...

Briggs and Stratton 10 hp [ 1 Answers ]

Can some one help me I need to know what valve setting to set on my briggs stratton generator. Thank you for you help

View more questions Search