Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jparker66 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2007, 11:25 AM
    Honda Riding Lawnmower
    I have a Honda Riding Lawnmower 8313. The belt on the mower deck keeps breaking and wearing out. Is the $60 belt sold by Honda that much better than a regular automotive belt. Thanks for any comments

:)
    Fireman1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2007, 11:44 AM
    If you keep breaking the belt or it wears wrong you might have a alinment problem, or a bad bearing on one of the pullyes. Might want to take it to a dealer and have it checked out. As for aftermarket belts that shouldn't make a difference.
    newaukumdon Posts: 525, Reputation: 44

Apr 24, 2007, 11:06 PM
    Aftermarket belts make a huge difference. In most cases the belts used on power equipment are OEM and specific to the product, unfortunately you must buy the belt they make or you are destined for a life of broke belts.

Don

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Murray riding lawnmower [ 4 Answers ]

I need help putting on the belt. Is there a diagram - as I have lost my book -

B&S 11hp Riding Lawnmower [ 6 Answers ]

Mower was running fine - had to put it in reverse and now the brake/clutch is stuck all the way down - you can change into any gear(which I'm guessing means the clutch is depressed) - will not go into gear though and will not move - How can fix this?

B&S 11hp Riding Lawnmower [ 2 Answers ]

Mower was running fine - had to put it in reverse and now the brake/clutch is stuck all the way down - you can change into any gear(which I'm guessing means the clutch is depressed) - will not go into gear though and will not move - How can fix this?

Honda Riding Mower [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1990 Honda 3813 riding mower. It starts fine, but once I engage the blade, the mower proceeds very slowly in 5th gear then dies out (chokes out). When I don't have the blade engaged, it moves fine. It also will not go up a slight incline without choking out. Any suggestions?

View more questions Search