Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Conny1026 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2008, 07:47 AM
    John Deere L110 lawn tractor won't start
    Hello,

I have an L110 lawn tractor that quit working yesterday.

I hit a rock while mowing and the belt came off, which caused the blades to quit turning.

I reattached the belt, and restarted the mower. When I engaged the blades, the mower sounded like it was straining, so I disengaged the blades and shut it off to look at it.

I was going to put it back in the garage, but when I went to restart it, it wouldn't turn over. It doesn't even crank when I turn the key.

I had to put a tarp over it, because it's too heavy for me to manhandle over 3 acres of grass back to the garage.

I bought it used last year, and since then the oil and filter have been changed, but not much else. The service indicator doesn't work, so I don't know how many hours are on it.

Any ideas as to why it won't even offer to turn over would be appreciated. Thanks.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 27, 2008, 11:14 AM
    Check your safety switches, it may be as simple as the blade or seat switch are killing the power to the plug.
    Conny1026 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2008, 11:39 AM
    Thank you!

That seems to be the consensus from everyone I've spoken to.

I'll check all the safety switches tonight.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

L110 John Deere lawn tractor blowing fuses [ 3 Answers ]

Could it be a voltage regulator? Or some other electrical problem. Has a new battery.

John Deere L110 Lawn Tractor not charging [ 22 Answers ]

I have a 3 year old John Deere L110 that is not charging the battery. Over the summer, the engine has cranked slower and slower, until it finally would not start. I could jump it with a bump box no problem. Plenty of cranking speed. I also put a trickle charger on the battery for a couple days,...

How to change a tire on a John Deere L110 Tractor [ 1 Answers ]

I have a flat tire, and need to take the wheel off my JD 110. There's a yellow rubber cap on the wheel hub, and I'm not sure how to get it off - I assume the tire lugs are under the yellow rubber cap, and I'll need to remove them as well?

John Deere Lawn Tractor L110 Repair transmission [ 1 Answers ]

I need help in learning how to repair or find a rebuilt transmission for my John Deere L110 Lawn Tractor. I would also like any information on where I could find a repair manual for this model?

View more questions Search