Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MadMax1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2007, 01:11 PM
    Craftsman model 944.607194 running jerkily
    My Sears Craftsman 42"mower, 6 speed transaxle runs jerkily in the lower gears. Is there some adjustment that can be made?
    wutafuta Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2007, 01:26 PM
    See if your pulley on the top of the transmission is wobbling up and down or back and forth. Also try to get the drive belt loose and spin each pulley it goes through to see if they spin freely.
    Also the inner parts of the pulley need to not be worn out of their v-shape (if that's what they are) if they are worn it could cause you belt to slip and run "jerkingly :P"

Aug 7, 2007, 08:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMax1
    My Sears Craftsman 42"mower, 6 speed transaxle runs jerkily in the lower gears. Is there some adjustment that can be made?
    Thank you wutafuta. I will check that out.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2007, 04:44 PM
    Watafua Is Correct, If It Just Suddenly Has Began I Believe The Problem Is Probably With The Belt Or Pulleys, I Would Lean Toward The Belt Being Stretched, It Is Better On These Units To Replace The Belt Rather Than Try To Do Any Adjusting.

Aug 8, 2007, 06:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MOWERMAN2468
    Watafua Is Correct, If It Just Suddenly Has Began I Believe The Problem Is Probably With The Belt Or Pulleys, I Would Lean Toward The Belt Being Stretched, It Is Better On These Units To Replace The Belt Rather Than Try To Do Any Adjusting.

Actually, this problem has been with this mower for a long time. I just never thought that it might be a problem; instead I thought it was normal. But now that I find I need to replace the blades I thought also about investigating the jerkiness in hopes that there is a fix. I don't recall if this jerkiness was there in the beginning. I will now look at the belt, etc. Thank you very much.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2007, 06:25 AM
    O.k. Madmax
    Let Me Know If I Can Help More.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman Model 917.253741 Mower [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for a manual for a 1983 Craftsman Rider Lawn Mower, Model 917.253741, Serial Number 0983501710. I know its old but we just bought an engine for it and it runs like a charm, but I need the manual for a parts list... HELP

Craftsman Weedeater won't stay running [ 5 Answers ]

I have a convertible craftsman weedeater that has run like a champ - until now! I can get it to run briefly, a few minutes at most, then it dies and will not restart. After reading some similar posts I am beginning to suspect either an in tank filter or the inlet filter on the card Sound...

Craftsman lawn tractor model 917270910 won't start [ 7 Answers ]

I have a Craftsman Lawn tractor model number 917270910. It will not start. I tried a new battery even though the one on it checked out okay. It will not even turn over. I replaced the fuse but the original looked fine. What else should I do?

Craftsman 38' model # 917.254750 [ 1 Answers ]

How do I install a new belt for the blade drive

View more questions Search