Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vfreeman1031 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2007, 08:05 AM
    2005 MTD draining battery
    I have a 2 year old MTD 52" deck riding tractor, replaced battery but within 2 days battery was drained. It will start when jumped, but now I have no electric anything, no dash readings and my electric PTO will not engage when switch is pulled. Is this possibly a short in wiring somewhere that drained the battery and is preventing all other electrical (such as dash display of hours used etc... )
    wutafuta Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2007, 10:18 AM
    Question to you- Do you have a multi-meter? And if so do you know how to use it?

I ask because you are most likely going to need a meter to find this problem -quickly-.

Aug 7, 2007, 10:47 AM
    I suppose I should admit to being female first of all, and no I do not have a multi meter. But I do know how to use one. I have been made aware of fuses that could also cause no electrical output. I found one of the fuses, but cannot find the other fuse. Help!
    wutafuta Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2007, 12:42 PM
    If you could get the model number from the tractor and from the engine I may be able to help you further. If there is type number or code that will be needed also (may not be one listed)

Aug 7, 2007, 12:47 PM
    The model number is 13AR606P730. I do not have the model number of the engine but it is a 25 HP OHV Briggs and Stratton engine if that helps at all. Also, I just replaced the PTO switch because the old one was cracked, thought that might help but it didn't. I now have dash lights but still no electricity to PTO switch.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Battery disposal [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there, Does anyone know where I can dispose of my old used batteries. I know you are not suppose to just put them in the garbage.

'88 honda civic draining battery [ 1 Answers ]

Just got the A/C recharged over the weekend. It hadn't worked for about a year. And now that its charged and working, something is causing the battery to go dead. If it sits overnight it will be dead in the morning. Any ideas?

Bathtub draining slowly , tried to fix, not draining at all now [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, my first time here. My upstairs bathtub was draining slowly, a plumber here to snake the cesspool suggested something. First off, it is the big one piece fiberglass shower/tub fixture. I think it's a really common & standard setup, nothing fancy. I took the sifter plate off the...

97 Neon AC Draining Battery Overnight [ 2 Answers ]

My Neon a/c has recently started draining my battery whether it's been used or not. I traced the battery drain down to the AC when I heard the compressor trying to kick in. The clutch on the compressor actually tries to engage each time I insert the fuse for the ac. If I leave the fuse for the...

Battery draining on 90 Honda CRX [ 1 Answers ]

Out of the blue I went to start my car and the battery was dead. I charged it, then my wife and I took it out shopping and to dinner and everything seemed fine. This morning I went out to start the car and once again the battery was dead. Both times I had made sure nothing was left on and after...

View more questions Search