Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sean172 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2007, 09:06 AM
    B&S 13.5 OHV, flywheel 180 off?
    Hi, I have a Briggs 13.5 OHV engine that I am having trouble with. Can the flywheel be off by 180 degreees?
    wutafuta Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2007, 01:09 PM
    It can be off by 180* but it won't fire correctly or run at all. (lots of back fire if running) Your best bet is to pop the flywheel and see if the key is split.

Aug 6, 2007, 02:46 PM
    I already replaced the key. The old one was in perfect condition

Aug 7, 2007, 06:28 AM
    Ah I see your thinking the flywheel could be off by manufacture defect?

Aug 7, 2007, 08:42 AM
    No, actually I was wondering if it was possible that I put it back togather wrong. 180 degrees off

Aug 7, 2007, 10:05 AM
    The key is what keeps the flywheel lined up correctly. So as long as you put it back on with the key lining up with the shaft it should be on correctly. Im wondering if your valves are closing correctly. If its not the valves or the flywheel position it must be the carb.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Briggs & Stratton 14.5 HP OHV No Compression [ 3 Answers ]

My Riding mower has an 8 year old Briggs & Stratton 14.5 HP OHV Engine. Engine always maintained properly and has run well. While mowing, engine ran well for an hour and then suddenly quit for a split second, and backfired as it came back to life. I continued to mow and it did it again, the third...

Briggs & Stratton 16.5 OHV [ 19 Answers ]

I have a B&S 16.5 OHV MTD Yardman that will not turn over even though the starter and battery are OK. It will turn to a point and then stops. If I remove the spark plug it turns freely like it should. I know that removes the pressure in the cylinder but I don't know what could cause it to bind...

Briggs & Stratton 14.5hp Flywheel ring [ 1 Answers ]

Today we put on a new flywheel ring gear and a new starter pinion gear. The new flywheel ring is aluminum instead of the plastic that was on it. I was told this was due to the starter gear being easier to replace it will be the first to be worn down. We tried starting the tractor and the starter...

B&s flywheel [ 1 Answers ]

The flywheel on my briggs looks like its been under water for ages it real rusty can anybody tell me the best way to clean it without doing any harm .the flywheel is removed so I want to clean inside and out

View more questions Search