Can't start my Poulan chainsaw. Start rope too hard to pull.

Asked May 26, 2008, 04:39 PM 1 Answer
    Can't start my chainsaw because the start rope is too hard to pull out. Pulling the rope causes a jerky action.

Last edited by kenn11a; May 26, 2008 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Error in title.
    1 Answer
    MOWERMAN2468's Avatar
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243

#2

May 27, 2008, 04:47 PM
    Could be a screw or something in the flywheel or pull rope pulley area being loose in there and binding it up when turned.

Snowblower won't start, made bad noise using electric, pull cord now hard to pull. [ 7 Answers ]

I tried to start my snowblower today and it wouldn't start. I decided to try the electric start, plugged it in, hit the start button and all it made was a spinny grinding noise. Unplugged it, and tried to start it manually with pull cord again. The cord would not pull without lots of effort and...

Weedeater is hard to start [ 2 Answers ]

Model Fl1500 Feather Lite Pull Cord Jerks And Is Hard To Pull However When Spark Plug Is Out Pull Cord Is Easy

16.5 b&s eng. Hard to start [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 16.5 briggs & strattion garden tractor when trying to start the engine it is very hard to spin over ,you have to keep turning starter switch to get to spinning fast enough to start . I have tried two new batteries cleaned all connections and terminals replaced starter, wondered if there is...

Hard start [ 1 Answers ]

The hard start on my carrier ac38cmc030310 is burned out and I'm not sure of how to wire it back in .I had a ac check and the repairman took it out so I did'nt see how the old one was wired also would it work without it. It's only two years old. There is a blue wire from the harness that goes to...