Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cgoodman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2007, 08:41 PM
    Using DVD/VCR combo as tuner for old TV
    I have an older television, early 90's, and am using a DVD/VCR combo as a tuner to pick up higher stations. The problem is even though the coax appears to be wired correctly when I attempt to use the remote from the DVD/VCR to change channels, even though the tuner shows the channel advancing, the TV does not change channels

Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated
    ac101 Posts: 463, Reputation: 57

Oct 21, 2007, 05:47 PM
    Try tuning your TV to channel 3 and make sure your dvd/vcr is properly set up to receive what ever your sending it example cable , satellite , air broadcast etc. GOOD LUCK, AC.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

VCR/DVD Combo Hookup [ 2 Answers ]

How do I setup a Toshiba (Hi-Fi VCR & DVD Video) Recorder combo to a Panasonic HDTV which is already setup to Cable using MDMI cables. Do I need to setup the recorder to bo the TV ans Cable box

Connecting old TV, vcr, and dvd/vcr combo [ 5 Answers ]

I have an old TV with just a coax connector. I have a Zenith VCR and a Go Video dvd/vcr combo. I currently have them set up with an RF mod. Which lets me use the stand alone vcr and the dvd part of the dvd/vcr combo. However, the way I now have this set up, I cannot use the vcr part of the...

DVD/VCR recorder combo units [ 1 Answers ]

Hello anyone, I am looking to buy a combo unit as described above. I have looked in stores and on line. I am confused by the information about analog vs digital output. What do I need to look for when buying a unit so it will work when the TV stations do away with analog. I want to buy a unit...

VCR/DVD Combo, DVD Recorder hookup to Satellite TV [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to hookup a VCR/DVD combo and a DVD Recorder to my TV. I have satellite TV, but the satellite receiver is not connected to the same TV. I have read and reread all four books and can not figure it out. I want to be able to record from the television to both the VCR and the DVD...

Connection from dvd/vcr combo to my amplifer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a combo dvd /vcr and how do I connect wires to amfiler to get sounds I have received picture on TV, help

View more questions Search