To young to date?

Asked Apr 23, 2007, 10:12 AM 20 Answers
    How old should someone be to go on a date. For instance should a 12 year old girl(grade 7) be going out to guys to the movies?? Should she even be talking to them on the phone the computer? Is 12 to young to date? Because I like this one guy and hah I bet you knew this was coming I'm 12 we were going to go to the movies but instead we went to mu cuzez and just hung out.(he's 13 grade 7). Please anserew me a.s.a.p!

Last edited by Emily94; Apr 23, 2007 at 01:59 PM.
    animal lover's Avatar
    animal lover Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

#2

Apr 23, 2007, 10:30 AM
    Hi I went out with someone when I was 12 and we did all sorts together. 12 is not to young its just about the right age.
    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 61,831, Reputation: 5748
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

#3

Apr 23, 2007, 10:33 AM

Sorry, but I disagree. At 12 its Ok to hang out in groups, go on group dates. But I would wait until 14 before you do one on one dating. Talking on the phone or online is fine.

What do your parents say?
    animal lover's Avatar
    animal lover Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

#4

Apr 23, 2007, 10:35 AM
    Sorry but when you have a boyfriend you want your inderpendents.
    Matt3046's Avatar
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128
    Senior Member

#5

Apr 23, 2007, 10:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem

What do your parents say?
    Scott is right, but as a father I would say one on one dating, you should be at least 25. But maybe I am not reasonable.
    Emland's Avatar
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496

#6

Apr 23, 2007, 10:42 AM
    Perhaps studying vocabulary would serve a better use for time!

12 is 6th grade, correct? I didn't even admit I liked boys until well into Junior High School. My, how times have changed.

I agree with Scottgem. Group activities make more sense and are safer (especially for girls!) Don't rush - you have plenty of time.
    ScottGem's Avatar
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

#7

Apr 23, 2007, 10:43 AM

Quote Originally Posted by animal lover
    sorry but when you have a boyfriend you want your inderpendents.
    First, at 12 or 13, even into 14, young people are usually more enamored with the idea of a boy/girl friend then the are with the actual person. You see the concept of a male-female relationship portrayed on TV and in movies and you want to emulate it. But at that young age, you just don't have the maturity. Don't try to grow up too fast!

Second, at 12 & 13, you don't have independence, period. You are totally dependent on your parents for food, shelter, clothing, transportation etc.
    donohoec's Avatar
    donohoec Posts: 9, Reputation: 0

#8

Apr 23, 2007, 10:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Emily94
    How old should someone be to go on a date. For instance should a 12 year old girl be going out to guys to the movies??? Should she even be talking to them on the phone the computer? Is 12 to young to date? Because i like this one guy and hah i bet you knew this was coming im 12 we were going to goto the movies but instead we went to mu cuzez and just hung out.(he's 13). Please anserew me a.s.a.p!!
    Not really, if you are interested in some one go get them.
    Emland's Avatar
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496

#9

Apr 23, 2007, 11:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    That describes a couple of 30 something year old nesters I know, too!
    Emily94's Avatar
    Emily94 Posts: 1,129, Reputation: 64

#10

Apr 23, 2007, 01:55 PM
    If it helps any it grade 7 hah.. and for scott gems questions just like matt 3506 not until I'm 25 and I don't have a mom so...

Am I too young? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi. I'm married and I'm 21 years old. But I'm ready to start a family. My career is set. And we make enough money to support childern. It's just I'm so stressed out when we try. And we don't succeed. I feel really depressed and don't know what to do.

Way too young for this! [ 11 Answers ]

Our 8 year old daughter and my best friends son (7 years old) were told a week or so ago in a conversation with them that we felt they were too young to be boyfriend/girlfriend when they asked us if they could be. Today, when I looked in on the kids, the girl (8) and boy (7) were sitting on the...

Too young? [ 11 Answers ]

Hey, Im 16 and me and my boyfriend have been together for awhile now and do you ever just get the feeling that he's the one? Well I have the feeling and my boyfriend has asked me to marry him in the fall. He is 21 and I know that seems like a lot of age difference, but I am very mature for my age....

To-date total based on current date [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I am trying to create a forumula that will give a cumulative or "to-date" total that will exclude future months from the total. i.e. ithe point in time is August and I need to show a to-date number Through August only even though September and October are included in The...

F-1 to H-1, what's the start date of H-1? Should be approval date or visa issue day? [ 3 Answers ]

As I mention before, I changed from F-1 to H-1 last year. I got my H-1 status in Feb 2004, but I went to my home country to get the H-1 visa stamp in August 2004. So I would like to know for counting my H-1 status, is it the date that USCIS (the Immigration) approved (which is Feb 1st), or the...