Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    noeymc Posts: 77, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2007, 07:55 PM
    Am I depreesed?
    I don't no if I spelled it right but here's what's going on I perty much lsot my life when I started working my grades droped and everything I started to shut the door on people when they ask if I am OK I just shurg my shoulder and say yeah I cut myself and don't no why I don't remember even doing it but I got the marks iav helped all my friends though this kind of stuff but not I can't even help myself what should I do I am not an open person when I know you that's why its easyer over this so help
    quaint11 Posts: 55, Reputation: 6

May 9, 2007, 08:23 PM
    It is possible that you are expressing the feelings of being overwhelmed by numerous responsibilities, not necessarily clinical depression. Life is hard, and adding responsibilities can sometimes be the thing which "breaks" us.

Perhaps amidst the changes in life, your emotional gas tank has run dry. Cutting is an expression of inward pain and frustration. A cut is the one thing you can control in a chaotic life.

Begin seeking ways to restore yourself emotionally through your adversity. This will give you the inner strength to persevere during struggles. There is nothing wrong with falling down in the "pits", the problem comes when we stay there too long.

Consider the things which brings you comfort and enjoyment, and before your emotional gas tank runs completely dry, do something to put into yourself and build yourself up if there is no one in your life which plays this role for you.

Follow the link to learn 52 PROVEN ways to reduce stress from the Texas Women's University.

Counseling Center - 52 Proven Stress Reducers

A few examples:

-Get up fifteen minutes earlier in the morning. The inevitable morning mishaps will be less stressful.

-Prepare for the morning the evening before. Set the breakfast table, make lunches, put out the clothes you plan to wear, etc.

-Don't rely on your memory. Write down appointment times, when to pick up the laundry, when library books are due, etc.

-Do nothing which, after being done, leads you to tell a lie.

-Procrastination is stressful. Whatever you want to do tomorrow, do today; whatever you want to do today, do it now.

-Plan ahead. Don't let the gas tank get below one-quarter full; keep a well-stocked "emergency shelf" of home staples; don't wait until you're down to your last bus token or postage stamp to buy more; etc.

-Don't put up with something that doesn't work right. If your alarm clock, wallet, shoe laces, windshield wipers - whatever- are a constant aggravation, get them fixed or get new ones.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search