Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    braider27 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2007, 07:32 AM
    Not losing weight
    I 5'11, weigh 232lbs trying to get to 185lbs. 45 yrs old male... my bmi is 32

My supplements are : mens vitmins, hydroxcut, flax seed tablets, fish oil tablets, fiber tablets..

My daily calories are 1200, but I burn off 900-1700 calories daily walking up to 30 min -1 hr

I drink approx 5 16oz bottles of water a day...

Still for 3 days I been stuck at 232? I began in January at 269lbs...

I cut out all pop drinking, liquor, I don't smoke..

I do 25 crunches, 3 sets of 15 jumping jacks, 2 sets of 15 pushups, I do some dumb bell training at 10 lbs...

I need help? What am I doing wrong? :(
    kepi Posts: 321, Reputation: 25

Apr 28, 2007, 09:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by braider27
    i 5'11, weigh 232lbs trying to get to 185lbs. 45 yrs old male....my bmi is 32

my supplements are : mens vitmins, hydroxcut, flax seed tablets, fish oil tablets, fiber tablets..

my daily calories are 1200, but i burn off 900-1700 calories daily walking up to 30 min -1 hr

i drink approx 5 16oz bottles of water a day...

still for 3 days i been stuck at 232? i began in january at 269lbs....

i cut out all pop drinking, liquor, i dont smoke..

i do 25 crunches, 3 sets of 15 jumping jacks, 2 sets of 15 pushups, i do some dumb bell training at 10 lbs...

i need help? what am i doing wrong? :(
    Sounds like you're on the right track. Although I would suggest that you try to add some form of cardio to your routine. I personally run 4 miles a day, 15 minutes of AB Lounge, eat lots of green (pretty much vegetarian) and nothing with fat (no fast food), no sweets, just greens, multivitamin, and LOTS of exercise!

PS: it can take up to 5 months to lose 20 pounds, so if you don;'t see immidiate change, don't worry and keep on truckin'!
    bonanza123 Posts: 7, Reputation: 0

Apr 29, 2007, 01:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by braider27
    i 5'11, weigh 232lbs trying to get to 185lbs. 45 yrs old male....my bmi is 32

my supplements are : mens vitmins, hydroxcut, flax seed tablets, fish oil tablets, fiber tablets..

my daily calories are 1200, but i burn off 900-1700 calories daily walking up to 30 min -1 hr

i drink approx 5 16oz bottles of water a day...

still for 3 days i been stuck at 232? i began in january at 269lbs....

i cut out all pop drinking, liquor, i dont smoke..

i do 25 crunches, 3 sets of 15 jumping jacks, 2 sets of 15 pushups, i do some dumb bell training at 10 lbs...

i need help? what am i doing wrong? :(
    I take fiber pills. Some people say that they help them clear out their system and use the bathroom regularly, BUT some people get blocked up from usuing too much fiber. You should get a recommended amount of fiber from your doctor. AND- you should go to a local health food store and try to find pills called COLON CARE. These are fiber suplements, but they are a great brand! Also Aloe Vera Juice helps cleanse out your system (it doesn't taste that bad either)

PS: If you need a boost of enery every now and then try B12, you can take B12 drops everyday, or get monthly B12 shots!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!
    threelover Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

May 1, 2007, 01:15 AM
    This sounds like your Plateau. It can't be helped, it will only take more time. Your routine sounds perfect, so there's nothing I'd add to it. Your body's Set Point has adjusted to continue fighting you on the other side of your battle against the bulge. Your body needs time to adjust further and get used to your new weight and the new Set Point that you've assigned to yourself. Remember: your body is adapt to resist weight loss and will fight you every step of the way. And, the plan that you're on presently has to continue for the rest of your life, so that you remain healthy, active, and fit, instead of gaining back your weight, and even putting on more. As well, you'll start losing weight again soon, don't be discouraged and good luck!!
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

May 12, 2007, 02:04 PM
    How's your protion sizes, 2-3 oz is a serving portion for meat, for instance. Lean cuts of meat like loin type, (not hamburger meat), skinless chicken, Turkey, fish. Maybe try reducing you calories, a small reduction 10-15% is going to protect lean muscle and less likey to slow metabolism down, But never go under 1,000 calories a day. You may have reached this plateau because you did not adjust the calorie intake in regard to your new reduction in body weight. As your body loses weight it needs less calories, as you lose weight, reduce food intake, stenght train, lift weights, increase metabolic rate. Mosre muscle mass the easier it is to burn fat. Your body adjust to all new calorie intakes. Also, FYI, calcium regulates energy metabolism, whick increase fat breakdown and decreases amount of body fat. If you'll make sure you eat 3-4 servings per day you'll lose more weight and body fat. Low fat 1-2% or skim milk, partially skim, skim cheese, low fat yogurtincreases breakdown in fat cells. The more calcium stored in a fat cell the more calories your body will burn. 1 serving is 1 cup milk, yogurt or 1 1/2 oz cheese.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Not losing weight [ 21 Answers ]

I have a problem, I am NOT losing wieght. I have been eating aroudn 1200 calories a day for over two months. I am NOT cheating or forgetting to count anything that goes into my mouth. I have started weight training 3 days a week and I am on my 7th week. I thought I had finally lost 3 pounds to...

Please Help Losing Weight Rapidly [ 3 Answers ]

My family member has a 7 yr old indoor rottweiler and he has begun to lose weight rapidly and stopped eating. As of one month ago he was a seemingly healthy dog, a little over weight and lazy. I would say he has lost 25lbs in about 1 month. There is also a large bump on the top of his head,...

Losing too much weight! [ 4 Answers ]

Ive always been a skinny girl, like most in my family. Ive had two children which was the only times Ive ever gained weight. I love to eat, but never gain a pound, which is good, but normaly Im a size 5, pretty small. Now Im going down to a size 3 which I haven't been since middle school and Im now...

Losing baby weight [ 1 Answers ]

My son is just over a year old and I am pregnant again, which we are excited about. I didn't lose all the baby weight around my tummy. I'm about 3-5 pounds heavier now than I was before I had my son. After I have our second child, is it going to be a challenge to lose the extra weight around my...

Losing weight [ 2 Answers ]

In school, my health teacher is talking about us losing weight and healthfully and my mom was skinnier than me when she was my age I'm in 7th grd and my mom was 80-90 lbs and I'm different I'm 110-112lbs and I'm average but I'm skinny a lot of people say I'm skinny I'm always on the computer,...

View more questions Search