Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Anon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2003, 12:47 PM
    Embarrassed to Kiss!
    I'm 17.  I've been dating this guy for 6 months.  We've gotten comfortable to being pretty intimate with each other... We're a pretty touchy-feely couple.. and that's cool - I've never felt so close before.  

Haha except you'll laugh when I say - we've never kissed!  Now, let me say - none of it is his fault: He's always been confident in making the first moves, including this whole kissing thing.  Yes, he's tried many times to lay one on me... except I keep on trying to avoid it! We're usually in the movie theater when he tries to... so I just don't turn my head towards him to prevent it all.  

Why do I do this even though I know I want to kiss him?
    (1) It's so awkward - or at least, the first time I turned to him when he did this - he just.. sat there looking deeply into my eyes blah blah.. goodness, just do it and save me from such embarrassment! :-[
    (2) I'm so embarrassed! I don't know what to do!
    (3) Usually we're in the back of the theater, right? Well, usually when he wants to kiss, it's not the best timing!  There are many times when I'm turned on by him, but not usually in the theater... But still, you know?

What do I do? :-/

Thanks.
    ashleighsosweet Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2003, 03:24 PM
    Re: Embarrassed to Kiss!
    Wow do I know how you feel!
    When I was a little younger, a lot of people thought I had kissed guys before except I didn't bother to correct them. Then along came this guy who I really liked and I wanted to kiss him so bad. He had kissed other girls before but I never had. I was so embarrassed and afraid to, I just didn't know what to do.
    Then one night we were hanging out and we finally did.
    Honestly, the best advice I can give for you is to just follow his lead. Each person kisses differently so there isn't any right way. You just have to make sure its what you want and not just what he wants. Obviously this guy must like you if he's waited this long without a single kiss.
    Before I had my first kiss I would look online at sites on how to kiss... boy did those not help! Seriously though, the best thing to do is to just do what comes naturally. Just make sure you breath through your nose and not your mouth, make sure you swallow your spit every so often so it doesn't get all slobbery, and make sure your lips aren't so tight it's like kissing a rock. This all may sound like so much to do or remember, but it really isn't that hard. It's a thing that really will come naturally to you. You just have to make the first jump and do it :)
    Good luck and I hope everything works out for you.
    elrp Posts: 58, Reputation: 3

Nov 26, 2003, 04:38 PM
    Re: Embarrassed to Kiss!
    You have got nothing be to ashamed of so don't beat yourself up about it.

You're right, the best time is not in the movies with lots of people looking. Tell him that, say you wouldn't be comfortable with all those people around. With the right kind of person kissing is very intimate and can be a very private thing.

Do not worry about kissing. There's not really a right or wrong way to do it, it's just personal preference. It does come naturally, there's not a way you can really prepare yourself for it because when it happens, it just happens. You don't think about what you're doing, or if you're doing it "right", just go with it. I guess it's kind of like your bodys instinct.

Although you may feel like you want to, it might not be right, which is why you're holding back. If you're not kissing him because you're nervous, try and forget these fears and just go for it. There's a first time for everything and once it's over with you will feel a great deal of relief! Don't worry about it, it's meant to be enjoyable!

If you're worried that he won't think you're good, then don't. This guy has been with you for 6 months so clearly he cares about you loads.

Also, he is probably just as worried as you! With my current boyfriend I was the first person he'd kissed and I was really worried because I didn't know if he'd like it or anything! So in a strange sort of way, you're both in the same boat.

Just don't worry about it, go with the flow :)
    lesbianlover Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2007, 12:42 PM
    Just go for it. Otherwise you'll regret. Trust me. I was scared once also. But I went for it because I was dying looking at the person. I just wanted him so bad. He was soooo hot! (before I turned gay) go for it.
    sk8ter12 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2007, 05:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Anon
    I'm 17.  I've been dating this guy for 6 months.  We've gotten comfortable to being pretty intimate with each other... We're a pretty touchy-feely couple.. and that's cool - I've never felt so close before.  

Haha except you'll laugh when I say - we've never kissed!  Now, let me say - none of it is his fault: He's always been confident in making the first moves, including this whole kissing thing.  Yes, he's tried many times to lay one on me... except I keep on trying to avoid it! We're usually in the movie theater when he tries to... so I just don't turn my head towards him to prevent it all.  

(1) It's so awkward - or at least, the first time I turned to him when he did this - he just.. sat there looking deeply into my eyes blah blah.. goodness, just do it and save me from such embarrassment! :-[
    (3) Usually we're in the back of the theater, right? Well, usually when he wants to kiss, it's not the best timing!  There are many times when I'm turned on by him, but not usually in the theater... But still, ya know?

Thanks.
    If you need to Ask him! Ask him to kiss and he just might!
    SapphireChild Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2007, 08:54 AM
    Anon, there is absolutely nothing wrong with this. I'm actually highly impressed that you've gone six months without kissing him. I think that's extremely commendable considering it gives you time to get to know that person without that physical attachment. Just a heads-up, though. First kisses aren't always the best, so don't be disappointed if it's not everything you ever dreamed it would be. Just go along with it, and after it's over, you'll feel a lot more comfortable to kiss him in the future. Good luck!
    philips1674 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2007, 09:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Anon

(3) Usually we're in the back of the theater, right? Well, usually when he wants to kiss, it's not the best timing!  There are many times when I'm turned on by him, but not usually in the theater... But still, ya know?

Thanks.
    You are merely responding to your upbringing. You realize the seriousness that kissing really is. You are obviously a very passionate person, you have great capacity for devotion and you just want to make sure that you are doing the right thing. Don't get pressured, If the guy no matter how nice starts acting like a used car salesman just walk away. When the time is right the fruit will fall from the tree, there will be no need to throw at it. No matter how nice he is always make sure that you are caring but not dependent. Take him out for an inexpensive lunch sometimes, never give him money and watch what happens. Sounds like you'll do just fine

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help with 1930's swing:Kiss me sweet/simple [ 4 Answers ]

There is a lost song (at least I can't find it) that was pressed on a 78 that I used to listen to at a neighbors house in the 1950's, and it was old then! Then, my parents moved, and I've been looking for the song ever since. The melody followed a classical comosition, but the words were...

Embarrassed to kiss(2) [ 3 Answers ]

Please, somebody answer Anon's question because I have the same problem. I just don't know what to do and funny that I want my first one to be fantastic and unforgettable while I don't know the smallest thing about this whole thing. Watching other people doing it doesn't help!

Just hang out and kiss? A conservative gets frustrated. [ 9 Answers ]

Hello all, I am experiencing a situation which makes me very frustrated. I have hanged out with this guy that I really like. We have a lot in common, profession, values, character traits and we really have fun talking to each other, plus the chemistry is really amazing. At first it seemed like...

Embarrassed! [ 6 Answers ]

Hi. I have just started seeing someone sexually who loves to satisfy a woman through oral sex which I think is great! Unfortunately, I have never been able to orgasm through intercourse let alone oral sex. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy sex and I get well lubricated and love the feeling. However, I...

Scared to french kiss [ 1 Answers ]

okay.. the basis. i am in 9th grade- 15 yrs old and have never MADE OUT with a guy before. last night i was at a party and it was bad.. so some girl invited 5 of the most popular guys over. we all played "sping the bottle" and truth or dare" then it was this boys (ethan)'s turn and he was dared to...

View more questions Search