Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    opal183 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2004, 02:45 PM
    Sad
    I am in love.. well I'm pretty sure I am.. I have plans to marry the guy *hopefully* someday. I say hopefully because I don't want to do it until I graduate college, and I'm only a freshman in collge now. He makes me so happy, he's the one person that I know I can always confide in. I trust him more than anyone else in the world. He knows what makes me mad, but he knows how to make me happy within minutes.
    I guess my problem is, I miss him. You see, he is in the military and stationed about 18 hours away from me. I talk to him almost every night on the phone. And I've gotten to see him for at least a day, every 2 months since he's been gone.. I got to see him the day of his basic graduation, then I went up and spent 4 days with him and he's coming home sooon. We both have had chances where the chance to cheat could have happened.. but either one of us did, because we love each other. I'm scared though that someday, he'll take the chance, and I told him I'd understand, we won't get to see each other very often after he gets done with his schooling. I am the type of person that that would kill.. ( hallmark cards make me tear up kind of person) I don't have the heart to do that to anyone.. he swore up and down he would never, because he says he wants to marry me and spend his life with me.. I guess that its just the distance that's screwing with me right now, making me miss him so much and making me so unsure of our future.. I really hope this feeling is just natural and goes away because I HATE IT :-[ :'(
    confused2504 Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2004, 12:02 AM
    Re: sad
    Hey opal,

What you are feeling is normal. All of us have those insecurities about ourselves when we are in a relationship with someone we care a lot about. Its only natural that you would feel this way. I suggest you take comfort in the fact that he does love you and says that he will never cheat. At the end of the day, you have to trust him. Its hard when he is so far away, but again you have to trust him and know that he will never hurt you that way. The way you have spoken about the relationship, he does care very deeply for you, and as hard as it is for you, it would be hard for him too.
    Just keep on talking to him and enjoy your times together, if you both trust each other and know that deep down you both won't ever cheat on each other, then this feeling should go away.

Also at the end of the day... if it ever does happen (I doubt that it will) then the least either one of you two could be is truthful about it. It will hurt a person more to find out later on, rather than straight away.. But in your case, I think you two both are infatuated with each other, and if the opportunity was already there for someone to cheat and they didn't, I would say that your pretty safe in your relationship and he loves you very much.
    Hope I helped.. dont be sad.. yes it is hard not having him next to every day.. but those times you are togther makes them that much more special! : )
    opal183 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2004, 08:03 PM
    Re: sad
    Thanks confused..
    I appreciate your insight. You did help..
    I am just a big worrier.
    It runs in the family, I do believe.
    Thanks though, I appreciate it so much

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search