Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Leighan Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Dec 3, 2006, 05:53 PM
    virgin again?
    So if someone has lost their virginity is it possible not have sex for a cretain amount of years and be able to get their virginity back, to be able to call themselves a virigin once again? If so how many years?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 3, 2006, 05:56 PM
    Sorry, doesn't work that way. The definition of a virgin is having an intact hymen. Once broken the hymen doesn't regenerate. Losing one's virginity is a once in a lifetime event.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2006, 06:17 PM
    No such thing as getting your virginity back again. Nice try though.
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Dec 4, 2006, 01:40 AM
    Nope. Not unless you believe in reincarnation. :)
    jhardegr Posts: 25, Reputation: 5

Dec 4, 2006, 10:51 AM
    Not so fast folks:

It does depend to some extent on the context. For example, there are many places in the King James translation of the Bible where the original greek word that is translated as "virgin" is actually a word that in greek was often used to refer to unmarried women in general, not necessarily virgins in the clinical sense. (if you make me look up the Greek word I will, but I'm too lazy to go find my concordance and greek dictionary right now.)

But, even in the clinical sense your answers aren't quite right. It is quite possible, and not all that uncommon, for a woman's hymen not to break during the first--or even subsequent--instances of intercourse. In fact, women with "stretchy" hymens can make a killing as prostitutes--no lie.

Also, it is even more common for a girl's hymen to break in any number of ways that have nothing to do with sex, such as when inserting a tampon, or climbing a tree for instance. I don't think that many people would consider such a girl to have lost her virginity in that case.

And finally, it also depends on the beholder. Some would argue for instance that a woman is a virgin in the eyes of God if she has repented her "sins." (the quotes mean "don't shoot the messenger." Whether any given act of intercourse is a "sin" or not is another question entirely and not one that I particularly care to address.)

Personally, I don't think the issue of physical (or Spiritual) virginity is really all that important, but that's just me.

Just my $.02

--John
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2006, 10:54 AM
    My friends and I made up the term "Born again Virgin." Strictly meaning that we had not had sex for so long that we had regained our virginity. However, it does not work that way.
    SINGLE4 Posts: 189, Reputation: 33

Dec 4, 2006, 11:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuscany
    My friends and I made up the term "Born again Virgin." Strictly meaning that we had not had sex for so long that we had regained our virginity. However, it does not work that way.
    Lol... we use to say that too!
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2006, 01:40 PM
    Bible days, virgin definition. What about the definition of virgin of today's meaning. That is what we are talking about.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2006, 02:11 PM
    there is a phemomenon that can essentially make you a virgin again after having sex.

its called "married with children" =)
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2006, 02:43 PM
    Ha Ha Ha
    sjethro00 Posts: 58, Reputation: 5

Dec 5, 2006, 10:53 PM
    Going away from the bible; there is such a think as "Artificial Virginity", where you can have a process done to "redo" the hymen, and fake blood is used as well.

(If you're wondering where I learned this, I learned it from a John Waters movie "A Dirty Shame", and as far as I know, its an actual process)
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2006, 03:49 PM
    As far as I am concerned no process to reverse it, will in my eyes change the fact that somebody already lost it.

Joe
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2006, 04:34 PM
    Well the whole issue of breaking of the hymen and its relation to virginity is a little silly if you ask me.

Yes, its one "traditional" thought about when virginity is lost, even though it can obviously break without intercourse. Yes, there is plastic surgery that can be done to "restore" the hymen.

Fine. We get it.

Loss of virginity to most means intercourse. This is what it means for a man. Why should it be any different for a woman. You can argue if you want about whether to include oral in the definition, an argument I've seen but don't subscribe to... but why get so ficused on the intactness of the hymen?? It is an inaccurate measure of whether sex has occurred and it requires a different definition for males concerning virginity.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2006, 12:08 PM
    Ah I remember when I lost my virginity for the third time. It was a little awkward like all third time virgins but it was a moment I will cherish forever.
    cman Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2006, 08:35 AM
    I believe that you can no longer "technically" be called a virgin, but it is a more spiritual thing than technical. If you wait, and it doesn't necessarily have to be that long, for the one who you think is "mr right", and give him your heart and soul, your entire love the first time you have sex again, then I believe that is exactly like giving him your virginity.
    perfectlyhappy Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Dec 29, 2006, 12:12 PM
    I agree with cman... virginity can be a state of mind not only a physical thing... if your serisou about wanting to be a "virgin" you can be spiritually... not real sure about your beliefs but with christanity all you have to do is repent to God and ask him for forgiveness and you can become a reborn virgin... as long as your truly repentful I believe God will give you that gift to give to your future husband.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 29, 2006, 12:43 PM
    Didn't Madonna have a song about that?

But no, once you have sex, then you are never a virgin again.

Old joke in our area, guy asks girl as they are about to have sex, are you a virgin, and she says of course I am, why do all you guys keep asking me that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

30-Something Virgin [ 20 Answers ]

Here's my story... As a teenager, I dealt with a lot of depression and low self-esteem. I didn't date at all until I was a freshman in college. I was in a serious relationship with a guy for a year in my late teens. He asked me to sleep with him. But, I told him that although I was attracted...

Virgin at 29 [ 24 Answers ]

I'm nearly 29, and am a virgin. However, of late I've been questioning myself whether "waiting" is the way to go. Perhaps it's the way I was brought up, but I've always thought waiting for marriage, which presumably means with the right guy, was what I wanted. I've been in two relationships...

Virgin or not? [ 17 Answers ]

Hi pals Please tell me if we mastrubate once or many times do we lose our virginity? Or we lose our virginity only when we have sex with opposite partner?

Virgin and Not [ 14 Answers ]

Hi to all I just wish to share my problem.. I'm 18 and a virgin my boyfriend isn't a virgin.. I can't understand why its bothering me so much.. I feel he did everything with someone else already. I even though of asking if he as always used a condom but I think it might not be that suitable to...

I'm virgin too. [ 20 Answers ]

Hello evrbdy.Im 20 and virgin ,I hate this fact.probably the problem is that smtimes Im shy with girls .to kick away my shyness I've started to smoke hashish,do you think it will help me.if you have any better idea help me

View more questions Search