Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    XM8 Posts: 213, Reputation: 14

May 5, 2009, 02:40 PM
    This is THE weirdest thing ever.
    All right, I'm no stranger to computers but this is really puzzling.

I was playing around with a network card and I put the PC back together. The thing is if I put my PC back up, in a standing up position it will shut down during boot up.

However if it's laying down... there's no problem whatsoever. Wth is going on?

Now maybe it's a hardware failiure problem, which could be linked to me? :o

While the computer was on and on a laying down position I tried to bring it up and I heard a chopping noise, like a fan stopping. Could that have been one of the DVD drives?

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

-Rich
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 5, 2009, 02:52 PM
    I'd open it back up and reseat all of the cables, as you may of knocked one loose when you where playing around with the NIC.
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2009, 01:34 PM

You also may have one of your cards not properly seated. I'd open everything up and pull all of the cards, especially the NIC, and reseat them. Also, reseat all cables (pull out and push back in). I'll bet the problem will disappear.
    XM8 Posts: 213, Reputation: 14

May 6, 2009, 01:58 PM

Thanks for the answers.

I've got this wire loose coming out of the front of the PC. It's for USB, sound and firewire connecitons on the front panel.

I don't know where it goes though.. All the other wires are connected.

This thing is black with 8 pin-holes in it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

-Xm8

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

At home jobs good thing? Or a bad thing? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a two month old little girl, and a job I have had for almost 4 years. When I first found out I was pregnant my boss and I sat down and discussed my future with the company. We decided that after my maternity leave I would come back part time (20 hours) until January of 2009. I am now back...

Weirdest thoughts. [ 3 Answers ]

Hey... this is the first time I am letting this thing come out of my head... I haven't told this to anyone... I am 16... and while masturbating I sometimes I imagine my sister... I know this is pretty much messed up.. she is like twice my age.. and is my blood sister... she saw me grew up and...

Where is the most weirdest place! [ 68 Answers ]

Where is the most weirdest place you've had sex? Or been caught?:D

Weirdest Rejection [ 7 Answers ]

So, the weirdest thing happened to me last night... It's not that I don't get rejected because everyone does, but this was the weirdest one I have ever faced. Me and this girl have been talking ever since my break up, many friends stuff. She had said she thinks I'm cute and such, so I was talking...

View more questions Search