Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Nov 27, 2007, 01:07 AM
    Curves for Women
    I was wondering if anyone has tried Curves?

I'm thinking about it. But I want some insider advice. Have you tried it? Did it work for you? Did you like it? Was it expensive?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2007, 06:54 AM
    My mother goes to Curves but I don't think at her age, weight and health (heart irregularity and so forth) she is doing anything that would really cause her to lose any weight. She hasn't so far. I forget how much down it is (Ithink somewhere between $25. And $100. And then it is $34.00 a month.
    Vision Expert

Nov 27, 2007, 11:00 AM
    No offense to your mother, but is Curves just a bunch of old ladies?
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2007, 11:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma
    No offense to your mother, but is Curves just a bunch of old ladies??
    The ones we have here cater to the matronly crowd. I guess it depends on your area. My sister went to one in Atlanta and was making progress, but she is self-employed and it got too expensive for her.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2007, 11:08 AM
    It's like any gym regardless of brand - if you have the discipline to go and do the workouts you will get the benefits, otherwise they will gladly take your monthly payment and not see you again.
    Vision Expert

Nov 27, 2007, 11:11 AM
    True, I like the idea of Curves because it is designed for Women. And I intend on going, thank you.
    DaBaAd Posts: 271, Reputation: 36

Nov 27, 2007, 11:13 AM
    Health and fitness is much like a destination. You know where you want to get and the question is how do you want to get there?

If you take the "scenic" route, you'll pay more but you'll eventually get there.

If you take the "short" route, you'll pay less but you won't enjoy the scenes.

They key here then is to take a route, any route. Action is the lesson.
    Vision Expert

Nov 27, 2007, 11:18 AM
    I want to lose the weight, and keep it off... however that needs to be done..
    DaBaAd Posts: 271, Reputation: 36

Nov 27, 2007, 11:24 AM
    I have gone to gyms where the instructors are very good and personal coaches not only advocate physical activity, but also encourage lifestyle changes.

Diets don't work, and if they do they only last as long as you diet. Lifestyle changes which include making the right choices in diet, activity and personal lifestyles go a long way and you'll feel better about your entire life, thus making it easier to keep on track.

Have you looked into hiring a personal coach?
    Vision Expert

Nov 27, 2007, 11:30 AM
    I don't have the money for one...
    mjl Posts: 486, Reputation: 26

Dec 1, 2007, 05:49 PM
    It is not for old ladies... my sister-inlaw goes there and she is only 23. She's been going for about a year and she has lost a lot of weight.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cutting tile curves in fron of tub [ 2 Answers ]

What's the best way to cut porcelain tiles for the curved area along the front of the tub. I will be using 12 x 12 porcelain tiles. I was thinking I could use my angle grinded with diamond blade to get the basic shape then use tile knippers to finish it but I have a feeling it's not going to be a...

New Drain - Too many curves? [ 4 Answers ]

Adding a bathroom to my basement and had to move the drain for the shower. The pipe under the cement is cast iron so I am trying not to have to cut it. The Iron pipe has a trap right under where the old drain was, it now needs to be about 18 inches away. Was thinking about how to move it and...

Curves anyone? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I'm thinking about joining Curves and am wondering if anyone had any insights to the program or are willing to share their personal experience with it. My main question is... I've never heard of using hydrolic equipment and don't know how it compares to the "normal" equipment found at...

View more questions Search