Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    little_miss_magnolia Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2007, 04:31 PM
    I think I screwed up
    Okay. I know I made a mistake. I need some place to vent and look for positive advice. Please don't kill me with critism, I get enough of that already at school. I kissed a guy this weekend. It wasn't any guy, it was a guy I have known for years. We have kind of drifted apart, but we have always had chemistry and never acted on it. We were dancing at another friend's hosue and then he kissed me or I kissed him, I don't really know who started it, but it was mutual and it was a sweet kiss. A couple of my girlfriends (who have been closer to him than I have recently) went crazy. They are insinuating I am disgusting for kissing this boy. They point out eveything that is wrong with him and with my kissing of him. I NEVER act on impulse like I did this weekend, and what felt pretty right seems to have gone terribly wrong. I haven't called him because I have this huge guilt and shame and I don't understand where this guilt and shame is coming from. I feel like I need to not call him to protect myself. And I can't deal with the cattiness I am facing. I am a nice person and I do NOT know how to combat catty girls. I feel like these few girls were just waiting to take me down (we used to be good friends and then we drifted apart) and they are seizing this opportunity to strike me down. I feel like they are making a huge deal out of a kiss. I really feel like I am now less of a person or not a good person because of this decision and what they are saying about me. It may have been a bad decision, BUT I did not compromise myself in the process. They are making it seem like I compromised my character when I kissed this guy. I need to know how to deal with catty girls and the guilt and shame I feel because of the whole incident. I have no one to talk to about this whole thing because I am trying to protect myself from further scrutiny. By the way, ignoring their comments has not taken the sting out of what they are saying.
    mwilliams15 Posts: 172, Reputation: 24

Oct 8, 2007, 07:54 PM
    You know what, who cares what they think. Don't let them think that they have control over you. They do not need to act all immature and ridiculous like that. You kiss who you want to kiss and DO NOT feel bad about it. If you let them push you around they are going to think you are weak and that they can pressure you in to doing anything. My advice to you is, do what YOU want to do. If you like the guy and you think there could be feelings there, GO FOR IT. WHO CARES what they think, seriously! If you aren't close to them, then their opinions don't count. Tell them you have feelings for him if you do. Just be confident and if they try to criticize you, just laugh it off. Seriously, if you laugh it off they are going to feel stupid for acting the way they are acting. But remember not to back down from your confidence. Tell them, a kiss is a kiss, who cares! They must like him and just be jealous that he kissed you ;). Sometimes its good to act on an impulse. I hope you have fun and don't let stupid, jealous, catty girls get to your head. Once they get in, its hard to get them out. GOOD LUCK! =)
    brookeleigh Posts: 119, Reputation: 4

Oct 9, 2007, 02:59 AM
    Its just a kiss! Don't worry too much about it.
    mahal_kita9 Posts: 75, Reputation: 4

Oct 9, 2007, 10:08 AM
    They have to be jealous, otherwise why would they make a big deal out of it? You obviously did something they did not have the guts to do. Don't regret kissing him, and don't let their meaningless opinions get in your head. Girls like that only want drama. And I think mwilliams15 is right, they are immature and just laugh off whatever they say!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I getting screwed [ 8 Answers ]

I was getting a pay check on the books since the beginning. After a month they starting paying me off the books is that legal. Also they started paying me on the books after a month and a half. My boss said I assure you that your taxes will come on your W-2 form but my of the book checks came...

I screwed up [ 3 Answers ]

Been a bad man, drunk and pushed the wife, spent night in jail, I chose an order of protection against me for a year to get help with my problems instead of jail, Will she ever come back now?

Screwed! [ 16 Answers ]

Hello Righty's: Here's an assessment of how well Bush and his brain screwed things up. And no, this isn't a lefty speaking…. He's a non partisan figure in charge of the Government Accountability Office. He says we're in big trouble. "The US government is on a “burning platform” of...

I Screwed up [ 9 Answers ]

Okay... I got a call from Asset Acceptance... or was it a billl... Anyway I had a sprint bill that I had about 6 months ago and they said they were collecting on a sprint account I -umed it was the one from six months ago. I didn't request validation. I sent them a payment. I received a...

I screwed up [ 25 Answers ]

I called up girlfriend last night because we usually always talk before we go to sleep. I was drunk and for some reason I don't remember I ended up flippin out on her. I called her today and said I was sorry and asked if I could meet her at work for lunch so we could talk about it. She said that...

View more questions Search