Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    soseductive6669 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2007, 07:02 PM
    I have a boyfriend, but I love someone else.
    I have a boyfriend who I love and I thought I was IN love. We have been going out for 8 months. Im 16 and he's 20. Hes amazing, he buys me what I want, takes me where I want to go. My family loves him. Hes everything anyone could want in a guy. Hes ready for a long term relationship, and I thought I was too... until I went to Flordia a couple weeks ago. I was gone for 3 weeks. I cheated on my boyfriend for the first time. But I fell in love with his guy I meet down there. Hes so fun, he's funny, he nice, repestful everything that my boyfriend is, but my boyfriend is boring, we don't do anything besides the movies or a friends house, I can't talk to other guys, he gets really really jealuos. The problem is, don't want to leave my boyfriend for someone who lives in Flordia when I live in Michigan. Me and this guy have talked... he really wants to be with me, but there's no way for us to be together. I don't want to break up with my boyfriend and lose the best thing in my life, expectailly after right beofre I went to flordia, I wanted a promise ring, and he got me one... what do I do??
    jrb252000 Posts: 410, Reputation: 28
    -

Aug 7, 2007, 07:15 PM
    You need to come clean to your boyfriend. If you are unhappy and bored you need to let him know. If you loved your boyfriend so much and he is the best thing in the world you would have never cheated.
    Dennis777 Posts: 478, Reputation: 124

Aug 7, 2007, 07:23 PM
    Hello.

Let's look at what your saying... Before your trip you Loved this Man that gave you everything you wanted in life. Now on your trip some how that Love flew away and you let this other Guy get with you. Hummmmmmm maybe it's not Love you feel for this guy. Maybe its your parents telling you how great he is (to me its wrong for parents to tell a 16 year old they can be with a 20 year old) and the fact he is giving you everything you want.

I also noticed you said he doesn't let you talk to other guys and that shows me he is controlling and that never gets better. In time he will be more controlling not less.

I think you need to re-think your relationship with this guy, not because you cheated but because you cheated so easy.

Dennis777
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2007, 07:25 PM
    You are kinda done with your boyfriend... I don't normally say this, but I'd consider telling a white lie to save his sanity... Tell him you want to be alone to work on your studies... and are too young too be unfocused... If you think he's boring that isn't going to change, so don't string him along. You're not alone:

See #1 on this little list:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...-a-117549.html
    Bautista Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2007, 09:55 PM
    Hello...
    Well I know what you going through...
    Because the truth is I am going through the same thing but except they both live at the same state as I do and well you know what I kind of did the same thing I cheated on my boyfriend too...
    I mean like he's great but he hurt me a couple of times...
    And I ed it um and I thought you loved this one guy to but the truth is well now that I know I did wrong I know I still love my boyfriend...
    But well don't leave the one you love for the one you like because the one you like will leave you for the one they love...
    Come on just think about it this one guy that you think you fell in love with you barely know him and well this other guy you know and well you know he wouldn't hurt you but this one guy you met at your trip you barely know him who knowa he might be those type of persons who will be OK at first but than they will treat you like...
    But well that is true you might think you love your man but the truth is you actually don't if you would go on and cheat on him easily...
    But well I don't know I don't want to tell you to take a step back because I hate that saying because I don't know I just don't like it lol...
    But well good luck...
    Sorry I wasn't much of a help!
    TrueFaith Posts: 1,202, Reputation: 313
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2007, 11:58 PM
    Its not love if you look at someone else ;) or cheat on someone else.. hehe don't just go back to him because you think he is a safe or that. You said he is boring but that's what kind of happens in long term relationships.. but your still really young.. enjoy your life =).. its wrong what you did.. you should tell him. Be the bigger person

it will be hard. But I hope it works out for you.. leave the guy if not you'll will just hurt yourself and him more
    Scorpio39 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2007, 02:05 AM
    You are too young to be in love.. a few years from now when you are 23 and look back at what you wrote you will probably laugh at yourself..

Concentrate on your life for now.. and make some nice friends...

Cheers!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 9, 2007, 09:03 AM
    You are not in love, and should give this guy his ring back, and let him find his happiness with someone who is sincere. Anything else is selfish of you.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2007, 09:59 AM
    Well I think you've proven one point, and that is that you're not ready to be solely tied down to any one person. And at your age you shouldn't be. Keep all of your options open and don't make any promises to anyone about anything. That way, you can do what's best for you and nobody can accuse you of being a cheater, liar, etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I have a boyfriend, but I love someone else. [ 14 Answers ]

I have a boyfriend who I love and I thought I was IN love. We have been going out for 8 months. Im 16 and he's 20. Hes amazing, he buys me what I want, takes me where I want to go. My family loves him. Hes everything anyone could want in a guy. Hes ready for a long term relationship, and I thought...

Does My Boyfriend Really Love Me? [ 23 Answers ]

Me and this guy named Aaron have been dating on and off the past year and he says he loves me, but he really doesn't show it because he's with someone else. He's says he's going to break up with her to be with me because I'm who he wants to be with, but he hasn't done it yet. He still tells me...

She is in love with MY boyfriend! [ 14 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have a great relationship and I trust with very much. He is not abusive, or mean or anything, he is great and I am very lucky to have him. There is a problem though and it is very complicated. My boyfriend cheated on his ex-girlfriend 2 years ago, and he regrets it terribly,...

I still LOVE my ex boyfriend! [ 10 Answers ]

HEY!! Im a bit lost in my relationship well not a relationship anymore but I still love my ex boyfriend and its getting on my nerve's I can't stand it he'z on my mind every second of the day and he just made it wost by getting a new girlfriend :( I should tell him how I feel but it's just to...

I'm in love with her, but she has a boyfriend [ 11 Answers ]

Hi. I'm a 15 year old boy and I love this girl. I know I love this girl because I like her for who she is, and She is all I would want in a Woman. Some say I'm in love with myself but this is another human being and I really love her. I've known her for a good 4 years now and I've never asked her...

View more questions Search