Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aoblia Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2009, 02:53 PM
    How can I get him to be more attracted to me?
    I asked him a question on why he never wants to have $ex with me and he said he the chemisty between me and him is not there for him. I'm attracted to him and he is not. He said he was more sexually attracted to his ex. He said he is emotionally attracted to me. We get along great except with this subject. He is definitely not gay. He has had a lot of women and I just don't do it for him. I have a very attractive figure. When we are out most guys come up and hit on me. I just don't do it for him. What should I do? Do you think it can get better or should I just hang up the whole relationship? Everything else is perfect.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 28, 2009, 03:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by aoblia View Post
    everything else is perfect.
    Will he go with you to a marriage/couples counselor? (Usually sex problems are only the tip of the iceberg.) "Everything else" may not be as perfect as you think.

Sep 28, 2009, 03:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Will he go with you to a marriage/couples counselor? (Usually sex problems are only the tip of the iceberg.) "Everything else" may not be as perfect as you think.
    No, we aren't even married... we've dated on and off for almost 3 years.
    Rash1984 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2009, 03:30 PM

I'm sorry but if you stay with him you will look very pathetic. To yourself and to him. Move on.

Sep 28, 2009, 03:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rash1984 View Post
    I'm sorry but if you stay with him you will look very pathetic. To yourself and to him. Move on.
    I think the same. Why do you say that? I kind of know but I'm just lingering on because how can I even want him close to me knowing that right? Why would I?
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Sep 28, 2009, 04:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by aoblia View Post
    no, we aren't even married...we've dated on and off for almost 3 years.
    The dating on and off for three years sounds like things aren't as great as you may think they are.

How often does the relationship cycle and do the problems that cause the off again ever get solved or just swept under the rug? Do they coincide with his ex being free from her latest relationship?

Couple/relationship counseling isn't just for married couples. Engaged couples and dating couples will often seek out a third party to help iron out the wrinkles in the relationship. It can make them stronger or help ease the pain of deciding that the relationship won't work.

I am not sure that you could get him to be more attracted to you. Most ways that women and men try usually involve turning into someone they aren't just to "please" their mate. Changing to please someone else is losing who you are. Any changes you make should be ones that you want.

I would suggest that whether you kick him to the curb or try to fix the problems that you work on your self-esteem that is taking a beating right now. What can you do that would make you feel good about yourself? It can be anything from learning to play an instrument to volunteer work or even continuing education classes.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2009, 04:30 AM
    You can't MAKE someone be attracted to you. If after 3 years he's still not sexually attracted to you, then I think you're it's pretty darn clear that you just don't do it for him.

It's not your fault, it's not his fault. It just is.

Why don't you let the relationship go and keep the friendship?
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2009, 04:57 AM

I'd say its time to move on to greener pastures... if that attraction isn't there aftrer 3 years, it isn't ever going to be. And it is clear.. things are not as good of you say they are. You are looking at things through Rose colored glasses. As in you are seeing what you want to see.

This isn't want you want to see and it never will be. Cut your losses and find someone that's a better match. Many people may be cut out to be friends... but very few rise to the level of being good enough to be a partner.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maybe he isn't attracted to me. [ 5 Answers ]

I have been living with my boyfriend for over 2 years now. He is 36 y/o and I am 32 y/o. When we first met, he made it very clear that he doesn't believe in marriage and wasn't planning on having any more kids. He has a daughter(14 y/o) from his previous relationship. I am OK with not getting...

Why am I attracted to someone else? [ 5 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend for 2 years and we just had our first child 6 months ago but in the last couple of months I've been getting really close with one of the guys I work with but to a point where I feel strongly attracted to him. Nothing has happened between the 2 of us and he doesn't talk...

Is he not attracted to me? [ 2 Answers ]

Every since we moved in together he doesn't seem to be interested in having sex. He is in law school and has a lot of studying to do but I don't know how much of that has to do with anything. When we talk about it he says that since he has me next to him all the time he is satisfied. Also I went...

Is he attracted to me? [ 10 Answers ]

Hello,I am a 26 yr female my partner is 27.we have been in a relationship for 4yrs with a 16mnth daughter.im having trouble with our sex life or lack of.my partner just seems to not be interested in me anymore.since having our daughter,people have told me it's the best I've ever looked,I have no...

Attracted or not [ 20 Answers ]

Hi Can anyone please shed some light on this. I am 34 years of age and for the past year I have had my eyes set on this younger women, she's around 22 years old. We saw at the gym around 1 year ago, we looked at a few times from a distance, each time I looked, she was looking back, the feeling...

View more questions Search