Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Zinger242 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2005, 09:26 PM
    Hello all. I found this thread on a search engine, so I registered to comment. I am a 20 year old male, and I have been considering shaving my pubic hair. I'm not exactly the most "experienced" with girls, so I haven't had the opportunity to hear a girl's opinions on guys shaving that area. However, recently, a few of my guy friends have mentioned to me that they do it, so now I am intrigued to try it. I have always just trimmed my pubic hair because I hate it when it is super long. I wanted to try shaving it, but a few things kept me from doing so. First off, as other people have mentioned, shaving any area makes the hair grow more quick and thicker. I don't know if I want fast-growing thick hair in that area where I'm going to constantly have to be shaving it. Also, suppose I don't like it after one shave? If I let it grow in after shaving it only once, will it still be thicker? My other question for the guys that shave is what about the hair in the surrounding areas? I have a lot of hair on my legs, butt, and stomach. I'm just wondering if it will look weird if just the area around my penis is shaved and I still have a bunch of hair on my legs, butt, and stomach. I definitely do not want to be shaving all of those other areas. Does anyone have a comment on this?

Thanks!
    50-Cent Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2005, 10:29 PM
    ??
    Im a 17 year old male, and I just shaved all my hair off on my and balls. The only problem I had was above the shaft it left little stubble, I was using a razor. Can someone please tell me what shaver to buy that gets rid of the stubble and looks like no hair is there at all? Thanks.

Jun 26, 2005, 08:12 PM
    Ummm??
    Help me or not?
    Lennox Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2005, 03:44 AM
    Practice makes perfect
    Just keep doing it for 6 weeks or so, and things will settle down, and look a this forum, as there's loads of advice on this subject. Some people think that it will make the hair grow back stronger and thicker. I've found no medical evidence to support that theory. Hair doesn't double once its shaved, and hair is the same thickness no matter how many times it's cut. Think about it!
    It's a personal preference if you shave and if you wish to continue to do so.

Jun 27, 2005, 02:15 PM
    Sweet thanks
    :) Yeh my girlfriend likes it also, so I think I will continue. Thanks a lot!
    SkaSkaSka Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2005, 01:18 PM
    Straight answer
    Well this has been asked quite a few times but still no straight answer so I've seen. How long does it take to grow back fully? I shaved for the first time yesturday and its all stubly and don't like it. Not really to itchy but if I turn the wrong way or something that cause my member to move it'll hit the hair/stubble or cause the skin with the stubble to move and it hurts a little. I'm just going to keep it short. But I was wondering how long it takes to grow.

Jun 29, 2005, 02:17 AM
    Time to grow
    Hi, in my experience pubic hair grows around 2.5mm per week. So it depends how long you wish to grow it, to know how long it will take to grow back.
    10mm / 1cm =per month
    30mm / 1inch =3 months and so on
    If it's itching when you move, perhaps you're letting it grow too long between shaves, I use to shave every two days, but if you've just started, I'd shave every 4 days, for at least the first few times, until your skin cools down.
    Another thing is tight underwear. If you can get away without underwear, so your little fella isn't pushing against the shaved area. That ready helps.
    If you decide to let it grow to a short length, i.e. 5mm-10mm you shouldn't have any problems with itching. Beard clippers are good for keeping it tidy and a set length.

Jun 29, 2005, 11:06 AM
    What do Women think ?
    Hi there, after reading the entries and adding my thoughts, I have a question.

I am thinking of shaving my pubic hair again. It's been a long time since I did it, and this time it would be for my own pleasure. As I don't have a girlfriend at the moment.
    So what do women think of men who shave, and do they think it would put some women off. Thinking of the look on their face. Would they laugh, or find it erotic?
    Any women out there who will give me their honest opinion would be deeply appreciated. Hurry...
    rustynail Posts: 25, Reputation: 3

Jun 29, 2005, 01:16 PM
    A gal who knows what she wants
    Quote Originally Posted by koolcow88
    Hey Im a 17 year old female...i think its hot when a guy shaves.... guys are all on here complaining about how much it itches and is irritating but its not the best for the ladies either....most girls only shave b/c ther men want them to or b/c thats wut society views as "the better way to go" I shave personally b/c i like the way it feels when masterbating but thats just me.... and for underarm hair I think thats just nasty too....i hate hairy guys and i know im speaking for a lotta ladies when i say that
    Here is a gal who knows what she likes. I've been without for 5 years and I can't tell you enough how great it feels when my gal is sliding on my ... When her total shaved rubs on me it feels great... when she lets her juices flow being without makes me shoot my load all the harder... and the big treat is when she deep throats me I feel her limps at the base of my rod running back up to the head... can that make you shoot or what... shave it all off... smooth shaved taste great and I guess my shaved cock dos too... last two ladies liked me shaved too
    girl Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2005, 07:22 AM
    Hey, um I am a 14 year-old female and I just shaved down there. This was my first time and so now it really itches. I wus wondering how long it itches and how long it takes for the hair to grow back. Please help me!

Jul 5, 2005, 07:37 AM
    2.5mm per week
    Hi, in my experience pubic hair grows around 2.5mm per week. So it depends how long you wish to grow it, to know how long it will take to grow back.
    10mm / 1cm =per month
    30mm / 1inch =3 months and so on
    If it's itching when you move, perhaps you're letting it grow too long between shaves, I use to shave every two days, but if you've just started, I'd shave every 4 days, for at least the first few times, until your skin cools down.
    Another thing is tight underwear. If you can get away without underwear, so your little fella isn't pushing against the shaved area. That ready helps.
    If you decide to let it grow to a short length, i.e. 5mm-10mm you shouldn't have any problems with itching. Beard clippers are good for keeping it tidy and a set length.

Jul 5, 2005, 07:39 AM
    Ithes
    Just keep doing it for 6 weeks or so, and things will settle down, and look a this forum, as there's loads of advice on this subject.
    Some people think that it will make the hair grow back stronger and thicker. I've found no medical evidence to support that theory. Hair doesn't double once its shaved, and hair is the same thickness no matter how many times it's cut.

Think about it!

Jul 5, 2005, 07:43 AM
    Oh and also this wus kind of like an experiment because I wanted to try it and I used a razor which probably wasn't a good idea. I didn't know anything about shaving down there so I used a razor. So now it really itches. I wish it would just go away.does the itching go away. I would think it does. desii since you are like an expert could you please help me!! :( :(

Jul 5, 2005, 08:27 AM
    Yeah but the thing is I don't want to keep shaving. Will the itchyness go away still? How long does it take for it go away?

Jul 5, 2005, 09:04 AM
    Don't worry
    The Itching will go in 2-4 days as your skin calms down. Use baby oil or if you can get Tea tree oil, that's good at calming the itch down. You might have a couple of hairs that have a reddish bump. This is where the skin has grown over the cut/shaved hair, and the hair is pushing against the skin as it grows. It will break through the skin in a couple of days, so don't panic. Within a week all the red bumps will have gone and your pubic hair should be around 2.5mm long. I know it doesn't sound a lot, but give it another week and it's half a centimetre. And so on.
    I hope your itching stops soon as it sounds like your quite distressed.
    Sounds like you used just any old razor too. And please tell me you didn't dry shave! If you decide to do it again, have a look at the comments, as we've spoken about different methods to get a smooth effect.

Jul 5, 2005, 09:16 AM
    Girl try this
    Quote Originally Posted by girl
    yeah but the thing is i dont want to keep shaving. Will the itchyness go away still? how long does it take for it go away?
    For the area to fully grow back it could take a month or more as stated depends on how fast your hair grows.
    My advice is to shave every two to three days and pick a style you want to keep it

http://www.pubicshave.com/shapyourpubh.html

Could help with that

By starting so early you will be able to manage it better.

My girlfriend and I have explined it to her 13 year old daughter, she now shaves it all off all the time.

We are nudists and we all shave it all off.

Hope this helps you decide

Jul 5, 2005, 10:18 AM
    Lennox, bad news for you but I did dry shave. Well does that mean without using shaving cream. If it does then yes. I really didn't know anything about shaving down there so I just did it. And now I regret. Its been almost 4 days since I did it and the itching hasn't stopped so I don't know if your 2-4 days theory actually is true. But hopefully the itching will stop soon. How long did it take for the itching to go away for u? Or other people?
    A.J.R Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2005, 10:59 AM
    My bf(of 3yrs now) and I both shave and have a much more exciting sex life. Its so much better when you don't have to "swallow" hair. When he first met me he thought it was kind of weird, but then he surprised me one day by shaving it all and I just love it. It's a clean "lick" all the way around. Mmmm!

Jul 5, 2005, 11:00 AM
    After first time
    Itching left after day four I used aloe to moisturize

Jul 5, 2005, 11:07 AM
    He like you shaved as well
    Quote Originally Posted by A.J.R
    My bf(of 3yrs now) and I both shave and have a much more exciting sex life. its so much better when u dont have to "swallow" hair. when he first met me he thought it was kinda wierd, but then he suprised me one day by shaving it all and i just love it. its a clean "lick" all the way around. mmmm!

He likes you shaved as well... can create a great sex time

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Pubic hair [ 23 Answers ]

Hi! I am now 14 and I am just wondering what guys lik better! Trimmed All of it gone Or what I don't no what to do :confused: :confused:

Shaving pubic hair? [ 44 Answers ]

Hey, I'm 15 and I've been thinking of shaving my pubes... I don't really like how hairy it is down there, I even have hair on my balls, is that normal? If I shave it is it true it will come back thicker and darker? Please reply :)

HELP! Pubic shaving rashes ICK! [ 4 Answers ]

OK I am totally desperate for some good advice here because this problem has been ongoing and totally frustating... so hia goes! OK I'm a young woman and have often shaved or waxed my pubic region for special occasions - usually its a trim to keep things neat - anyhow no matter what shaving...

Shaving pubic area? [ 5 Answers ]

What is the best way to get rid of pubic hair. Can I use just a razor, shave cream or oils? What about razor burn? Isn't the hair too course? I've always shaved with just a razor but Im afraid to use a razor for the whole area.

More about shaving your pubic hairs... [ 3 Answers ]

Hey... I am just 15 and I shaved my dick and balls for the first time the other night. I didn't really know what I was getting into, but I just think I wan't to let it grow out and not shave. But I am really worried about if it will be a lot longer than before or really dark or more bushy than...

View more questions Search