Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tifanie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2007, 05:14 AM
    Teen pregnancy
    I am 15 years old and pregnant. Am I considered an adult and can I make my own decisions?
    Lacey19 Posts: 193, Reputation: 9

Mar 13, 2007, 05:26 AM
    What do you plan on doing? Are you happy?
    ghost56 Posts: 283, Reputation: 26

Mar 13, 2007, 05:32 AM
    Unless your parents can prove that you are not mentally stable, or capable of looking after your baby, then it is up to you, it is your decision.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2007, 06:05 AM
    18 is the age when your considered adult.

Make your own decisions about what exactly?

Joe
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 13, 2007, 06:08 AM
    Can you make your own decisions regarding... what?

Regarding a curfew or dropping out of school? Probably not.

Regarding what you decide to do about your pregnancy? In most states, yes.

Being considered an adult comes from taking responsibility for your actions. I know some 30 year olds that I wouldn't call "adult". I've met some 16 year olds that I would.

Your question needs to be more specific for us to better help you.
    runingwitknifes Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2007, 11:26 AM
    I would say its up to your parents/guardian if they say its OK with them then its you decide but if they say no well... you should not argue
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2007, 11:27 AM
    We need to find out exactly what the poster is talking about exactly first.
    brianneelizabeth Posts: 60, Reputation: 7

Mar 13, 2007, 11:43 AM
    You don't need to be an adult to make your own decisions, however making a decision about the baby yes you still have a say in that as well no one can make you have an abortion or give the baby up for adoption but are you really ready for that at 15 years old. I was 18 when I found out I was pregnant and I kept my son, but I don't really have a life. Its just me and my son baby's are cute and sweet but they are a lot of work. Think about everything before you make any decisions and make sure you let your parents know and I'm sure they will help you in deciding.. if your 15 I'm guessing your partner isn't much older and in that case how do you know that he is going to stick around and help you out?

I wish you good luck on everything
    tinsign Posts: 275, Reputation: 66

Mar 13, 2007, 11:49 AM
    Even though no you are not considered an adult you do have the right to either have the baby and raise him/her or give it up for adoption.. you also have the choice of abortion though I don't ever recommend that.
    nooniebubba Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2007, 09:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tifanie
    i am 15 years old and pregnant. am i considered an adult and can i make my own decisions?
    I think each state and situation is different and only you know if you are ready to become a mother at that age. I found this because I myself am trying to adopt and read your post. Thank you, Amanda
    beccadollface Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2007, 05:03 AM
    I'm also 15 and worrying that I'm pregnant.
    In other peoples eyes I guess they would regard us as children.
    But that's wrong in my opinion.
    I've dealt with a lot of things over the past year and when I compare myself to other 15 year olds I realise that I'm so much more mature than them.
    You are the one that is pregnant so its your baby and you must make decisions regarding the pregnancy. Take advice from other people but only you can make the final decision.
    We all need a bit of help and advice so take as much as you can from other people.
    Hope I could help you in some way, Becca x
    zelda Posts: 83, Reputation: 0

Mar 31, 2007, 03:59 PM
    When it comes to being pregnant ,you make your own decisions.. dont let anybody tell you what to do
    shorty_got_skills Posts: 23, Reputation: 3

May 1, 2007, 07:10 AM
    I think you would be considered an adult but you should really think about what your doing and your future! Your parents could help you make up your mind. Good luck!
    JoJo1986 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2007, 11:35 AM
    Yes, even though you are still considered a child you do have that right. You need to think it through long and hard. You are the one that has to live with the decision you make.
    XMouse Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2007, 05:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by runingwitknifes
    I would say its up to your parents/guardian if they say its ok with them then its you decide but if they say no well... you should not argue
    What she does with her child is up to her. She needs to lisen to her parents and I hope they reach a solution together. But its her baby.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Teen pregnancy [ 19 Answers ]

Im a mother of a 15 year old teenager girl. We are both from Michigan. I would like to know if I have the right as a parent to make her have an abortion whether she wants it or not?

Friend and Teen Pregnancy [ 9 Answers ]

Okay where to start... okay my friend thinks she might be pragnet and she thinks it been over to months but, anyway. If she is then what am I supposed to say to her because I have never had a friend that was pragnet, and I 14, 15, or 16.:confused: help I need to know what to do.

Teen [ 1 Answers ]

What kind of diets and exercises and she do? She is now a cheerleander and is scared about fitting into a unaform. What do you think could help.

Teen Dating? [ 10 Answers ]

I was wanting to know who you people think should pay for dates. The teen girl or teen guy or would it be best to split the cost ?

Teen [ 1 Answers ]

How do you giv a girl the best orgasm? :confused:

View more questions Search