Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jemon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2004, 12:49 PM
    Heavy bleed after orgasm
    I bet nobody knows the answer to this question. I have looked everywhere on the Net and there seems to be no information whatsoever about it.

I'm 30 years old.
    I don't get my periods anymore, really. I had abnormally heavy periods, and constant heavy bleeding about 2 years ago.

These days, I don't bleed at all, except for after non-penetration orgasm, when I start to haemorrhage very heavily for about 6 hours, then slows down and stops.

Is this symptomatical of any known disease or problem?

I'm not on any birth control.

(Please don't just tell me to see a doctor. This is why Im asking online, because I can't see a doctor about this.)

k14n4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2004, 09:11 PM
    Hey,

I'm sorry, but I don't have an answer to your problems.. but I have been just recently experiencing a very similar problem and was searching the net when I came to this site.
    The facts are slightly different though.. I'm 21, haven't had my period in 1 1/2 years because I have been on a high dosage birth control pill continuously (I take one every day- no breaks!) to stop my periods. I've only had approximately 2 periods in the last 4 years because I keep being put on this treatment from my doctor. I am being put on this treatment because I have endometriosis and it is a common way to deal with the symptoms.. I've never had a problem with breakthrough bleeding or anything.. just recently whenever I have a non-penetration orgasm I bleed afterwards. I don't bleed after sex with my fiancé.. only when I have no penetration.. this is leaving me extremely confused.. especially since a lot of the time it will hurt a lot afterwards. (However this is a common occurrence because of my endometriosis)..

Hmmm sorry I couldn't be of any help.. but please let me know if you find out anything..

Thanks a lot
    Heather
    urmod4u Posts: 248, Reputation: 4

Nov 23, 2004, 07:00 AM
    The reason why you can't see a doctor for this is unknown to me of course, but yet it is the only intelligent solution. If medical advice on the web is of the same quality of some other advices I read here, then I certainly would not trust it if my health is at stake. A poor advice for plumbing or computers usually does no real harm. For medical matters however, NO mistakes can be accepted.
    erinG Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2007, 03:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jemon
    I bet nobody knows the answer to this question. I have looked everywhere on the Net and there seems to be no information whatsoever about it.

I'm 30 years old.
    I don't get my periods anymore, really. I had abnormally heavy periods, and constant heavy bleeding about 2 years ago.

These days, I don't bleed at all, except for after non-penetration orgasm, when I start to haemorrage very heavily for about 6 hours, then slows down and stops.

Is this symptomatical of any known disease or problem?

I'm not on any birth control.

(Please don't just tell me to see a doctor. This is why Im asking online, because I can't see a doctor about this.)
    Hey I just talked to my doc about this I have the same type of issue. I had 2 leeps done(sergerys on my cervix) she told me that when I orgasm my cervix contracts and that causes me to bleed
    shorty_got_skills Posts: 23, Reputation: 3

May 1, 2007, 07:07 AM
    If you can't find any answers online then maybe ask your doc. If your worried its akward doctors have herd a billion times more akward things. Sorry I can't help but keep everyone informed!
    pickerill Posts: 46, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2007, 01:23 PM
    Don't be embarrassed about talking to your doctor about it, doctors are used to these type of problems. It sounds to me like you have some kind of endocrine(uterus) problem, go and see your doctor before the problem gets worse!
    smile4_em Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2007, 06:23 PM
    I pretty much have the same question only I'm a bit different... I'm 21 years old and I've deen on depo provera since I was 18. I haven't had a period for years, and every time I have an orgasm without penetration, I bleed for a few hours or so and then it goes away... recently the other day, after my fiancée had sex, I started to bleed... any clues as to what's going on?
    critters0930 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2007, 06:19 PM
    I don't have an answer but I'm experiencing the same thing. After orgasm when I clean up there is blood it's been happening for months. I'm 39 and do not have regular periods.
    SebsMum Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2007, 03:36 AM
    I'm not a doctor and certainly they would be best to advise you about what it could be and appropriate action, but have you ever had your thyroid checked? To not have your period is just not right and you need to get help, especially when you have started hemorageing after an orgasm.

It kind of takes the fun out of what your doing when that happens, please seek advice. I spent 6 years undiagnosed with thyroid problems, no period was the key symptom.
    vbjohna Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2008, 10:55 AM
    Medical.justanswer.com/mentrual/ckla-haveing-sexual-intercourse

Hope this helps

Many women find that sexual intercourse actually helps to relieve period pains and menstrual cramps. This is because an orgasm can cause your uterus to contract, enabling it to use up excess prostaglandins in the process. Prostagladins are hormones produced by your uterine lining. They help to stimulate contractions that move menstrual blood out of the uterus, and are also responsible for those cramps that occur throughout your period .
    nurse1167 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2011, 02:46 AM
    Please forgive my bluntness, if the is no penatration with a penis is there something else you are using? At certain times during a womnas cycle the cervix is much more sensative than others. The simple contraction can cause bleeding eith from within the uterus or just from the crevix. I would certainly have it chacked out. I used to work in a GYN office and believe me these doctors have heard most everything and your situation my not be as unique as you think. Best of luck!
    adviceishere Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 492
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2011, 07:55 AM

Hi, welcome to AMHD, please check the date before answering questions, this thread is 7 years old.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does She Orgasm? [ 34 Answers ]

We aren't open when talking about sex. She never says mum during. Oh, maybe an occasional low hmmmm during. We both know I reach a climax, but I don't know if she does or even has. How do I approach her on this subject? What should I ask her? Like I said, she's not open about these sexual matters...

To get an orgasm [ 24 Answers ]

I have been reading up about it a lot because if you have read my other question I haven't been able to get an orgasm for 5 months of being sexually active with my boyfriend. Now the question. Does masturbating actually work? Or is buying a vibrator a way to go? Or am I just giving up to quick?...

Very heavy period [ 3 Answers ]

For the last two months I have had clotting and chunks of blood come out when I am on my period last month I was on for 3 weeks but one week was spotting and then there was a week and a half of clumping and bleeding then regular bleeding and it is the same so far for this week. In November of 04 I...

Bleed Through? [ 8 Answers ]

I have a split receptacle that is switched. The switched portion is reading 34 volts when the switch is off and 120 when on. What is wrong? What should I be looking for?

Implantation bleed? [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone help? I usually have 27/28 day cycle. Today is day 26. I have light brown spotting and mild cramping. Could this be implantation bleeding? We have been trying to conceive for 13 months. (we miscarried 2 months ago and my last period was 27 days) HPT negative but if we did conceive...

View more questions Search