Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    XM8 Posts: 213, Reputation: 14

Apr 18, 2009, 08:47 AM
    This is too much pressure.
    I've got two major problems right now...

1 - I'm struggling with my school work - I've got 2 months to work my arse off or I'll have to repeat the year with little kids.

2 - My dad just screwed off to England, and left my sister, my mother and I with a mortgage and school fees to pay. That means my mother has to get a job now in a period of a few weeks or else the bank will take the flat. Oh and my dad wants a divorce (as if that really matters right now).

My questions are

1. What can I do to improve my studying. Are there any tips that can help me get my sleeping organised? Tips to help me study quicker and more efficiently? And how do I stop procrastinating?

2. What am I supposed to do about the parental and financial situation? I can't get a job, I'm 16 and I need to go to school, so does my sister (14). How is my mother going to get through this?

*** edited out wording that did not need to be included

Thanks..

-Xm8
    nikkiboo Posts: 31, Reputation: 0

Apr 18, 2009, 11:36 AM

Dang you really do have some problems, but the only thing you need to focus on is your school work, your futere is the most important thing rite now,you just need to try 2 let your mother and farther deal wit there problems,be strong 4 your little sis she needs you!
    Miss-T Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2009, 08:39 AM
    1. QUESTION : Try to study.
    2. QUESTION : You have to study now,and you're not in position to work
    3 QUESTION :If he is that bastard,I wouldn't talk to him.But it's your decision,will you forgive him or no.You don't have to now,maybe later,if you be ready
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2009, 08:45 AM

You nevertheless need some good hours of sleeping... I can do with 7 hours with all the school work (I'm 16 too). Apparently, you remember the things you learn before going to bed and just after getting up. The before going to bed I'm not so sure, but your brain is fresh in the morning and is perhaps the best time for learning and revising your lessons.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 19, 2009, 09:24 AM

Well myself I go on about 6 hours sleep.

Talk to your teachers, see about getting a tutor, remember you did not get into poor grades over night but it may take time to bring them up.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2009, 09:28 AM

Chuck, you're an adult (well I think). And adults can afford less hours of sleep. Generally, I've heard that children need 10 hours of sleep, and adults down to 6 hours, to be in good condition...
    XM8 Posts: 213, Reputation: 14

Apr 19, 2009, 01:40 PM

Well.. I'm going to bed now, and I'll get about 8 hours of sleep, that should be enough, right?

Hope I ace my chemistry test tomorrow, or I'm really screwed.

-Xm8
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 19, 2009, 01:48 PM

One tip with the school work. Instead of coming here to ask us what to do, get off the computer and do your school work. Only you can make this decision, so stop making excuses and do it!

As for the problem with your parents, your mom, financial concerns. Your mom is the adult, the provider now that your dad is gone. She has to figure this out, not you, you're the child.

I know it's hard, you want to help, can't stop worrying about it, but this is your moms problem and she has to figure it out. You need to concentrate on your education, that's the best thing you can do to help.

Good luck.
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2009, 08:25 PM

Nice comment Alten!

For the studying part, I have the Same problems as you: Procrastination.
    The solution: Get off the computer, TV, games, etc. and find somewhere that they aren't around to tempt you. I recommend a homework club at your school, or just going to a school/local library for an hour after school every day. That is exactly what helped me secure my grades.

As for the parents/financial situation, there is nothing you can do. Just let your mother know you are there if she needs you, that alone should raise her spirits, and help her.

GOOD LUCK!
    Now: Get off the computer and do your homework! lol

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bigger pressure tank or increase pressure? [ 5 Answers ]

I bought a new home and the builder had installed a 20 gal pressure tank. I have a jet pump system where the motor sits directly on the tank itself. I really notice the pump running a bit,but also notice the loss of pressure quickly, especially in the shower. Now I was thinking of buying a much...

Deep well, pressure tank/switch not building pressure [ 13 Answers ]

The only way I have water pressure is to leave the power on! I have replaced the 5 gallon pressure tank (28psi when void of water)/fittings/pressure gauge and tried 3 new 30/50 pressure switches and the problem remains the same. With the power off, the pressure drops to 0 (not 30). When I...

Low water pressure causing high blood pressure [ 1 Answers ]

I have low or no hot water pressure to the downstairs bathroom. I've replaced the cartridges, valves and hot water heater, still no pressure... help.

Do you add 30 410a freon pressure like you do r22 and r12 for high side pressure in c [ 1 Answers ]

Do you have to add 30 to the ambeint air temp. like you do for r22 and r12 to R410a freon to get the proper high side pressure reading

House water pressure from well losing pressure [ 2 Answers ]

I have a well at my home that provides the primary water . I have replaced the well pump with a new one, the pressure tank was bad replaced it, pressure switch was bad replaced it. Now I cannot maintain pressure through out my house. The initial pressure is good for about 10 seconds then it slowly...

View more questions Search