Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BIADELGA Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2008, 09:30 AM
    Writing a letter Introducing a new product to a restaurant
    Hello!

My name is Beatriz, I'm brazilian, and I live in Canada. I need some help on how I can write a letter offering a brazilian new product to a restaurant(s). This is in fact a NEW AND UNIQUE product to canadians, very famous in Brazil an US.
    This product could be an "alternative" to the classic toast garlic bread served before meals, is quite inexpensive, smells like 'heaven", and you just cannot eat only one..THAT'S TRUE, melts in your mouth.

I make this product at home, and deliver it frozen, the only thing the restaurant has to do it is bake it for 20 minutes, It has to be served hot..or warm..., at the same time, this "baking yourself" gives the restaurant the flexibility to bake them as much as they need, when they need It, no waste at all, and they can re-order it based in , let say, the last week serving average.

In this letter I want to offer a sample degustation, starting from the baking process, so they can learn how to manage the baking time, and sampling after It.

I would appreciate any help writing this letter!!

THANKS SO MUCH!. Beatriz:)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2008, 12:26 AM
    Hi, Beatriz!

The first thing that I am going to recommend, is that you check with city officials where you are going to want to be marketing your product to see what regulations that might need to be followed for food products that are offered in restaurants. If you might be making this food product out of your home, there may be other requirements that you need to know about also.

Concerning writing the letter, if you post a rough draft of it here, I'm sure that there would be those of us here who would be willing to read it and give you advice as to how it might be improved.

Thanks!
    BIADELGA Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2008, 07:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    Hi, Beatriz!

The first thing that I am going to recommend, is that you check with city officials where you are going to want to be marketing your product to see what regulations that might need to be followed for food products that are offered in restaurants. If you might be making this food product out of your home, there may be other requirements that you need to know about also.

Concerning writing the letter, if you post a rough draft of it here, I'm sure that there would be those of us here who would be willing to read it and give you advice as to how it might be improved.

Thanks!

Thanks Clough for Your wise advise, I was selling my product at the local Farmer's Market, in order to do that I did have to submit my recipe (s) to the local Health and Safety Inspection Agency, they were approved to be sold at the Farmer's, but as you pointed out, I agree that selling my product to a restaurant may need more requirements.

I'm so glad to find you and your expertice through "ASK ME" forum... I'll be posting the Introductory Letter soon..

Thanks again... Beatriz::p
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2008, 07:41 AM
    Hello Bea:

If Canada is anything like the US, you're going to need a commercial kitchen that has been inspected by the health department before you're going to be able to sell your products to restaurants.

Next, forget about the letter.

You need to GO to the restaurant and bring samples. If it's as good as you say, they'll buy it. Or, in the alternative, you need to rent space at your next "food show". This is where wholesalers such as yourself, cook for the restaurant industry, and it's where restaurants come looking for new products. It's a perfect venue for new products. These shows happen all the time. Check with your local restaurant association to find out when the next one is.

excon
    hawn54 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2011, 11:37 AM
    How do I write a letter to my family and friends so that I may introuce to them a new product.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Introducing our company profile letter [ 3 Answers ]

Please give us a detail introduction letter about our company and wish to inform you that we are dealing with airconditioner sales and service since 1993. We have an excellent sale/service network with a good technical background. We have a good cliental data base in the market. Now we are...

Introduction Letter introducing new company [ 4 Answers ]

Please Help: I need to send a short letter introducing myself to prospective clients. I will be sending an attachment describing our company and website. I need this asap. I also need to send holiday greetings also. What is the appropriate wording? Thank you

How to write a letter introducing a new department [ 2 Answers ]

How to write a letter introducing a new department in the company in order to obtain the help of coworkers to market this new department to their current and new client database?`

Sample Letter Introducing an Upcoming Magazine [ 3 Answers ]

Greetings! I need some help in composing a letter aimed at introducing an upcoming magazine. I would appreciate if you could send me links which might help me out in the issue. Your suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you.

View more questions Search