State Taxes for Indian F1 Student
Asked Feb 8, 2012, 08:54 AM
I was on an F1 visa in 2011 pursuing my post-graduate degree in Pittsburgh. During the summer, I worked in New York for 10 weeks on F1-CPT. I was however residing in New Jersey.
1) Should I file Pennsylvania and Pittsburgh city taxes as I have never earned wages in Pittsburgh?
2) If so, am I a resident / non-resident of Pennsylvania as I am an international student?
3) Pennsylvania has a reciprocal agreement with New Jersey. Would this help me in any way? Am I a resident / non-resident of New Jersey?
4) Should I even file New Jersey Taxes or stick to NY taxes as a non-resident and get exemption for NY city tax?
4) What other state taxes must I file?