Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Judyann4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2017, 07:17 PM
    How to file inheiritance.. Do I use schedule D?
    My mother passed away leaving 4 of us 1/2 of family farm. She died in Sept. and my brother bought the other 3 out in March. The attorney filed a 1099B, so how do I report this? We sold for less than tax value.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 22, 2017, 08:35 PM
    You report the sale on Schedule D. Since it is a loss of a PERSONAL asset, you cannot deduct the loss. Sorry!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If I file a schedule c-ez can I file 1040-ez [ 0 Answers ]

If I file a schedule c-ez do I have to file a 1040 or can I file a 1040-ez

Could I file a Schedule C EZ for 2007 Now that I am being audited? [ 6 Answers ]

I had 2 dependents that I claimed that year and have all the proof I believe that I need for the IRS. I received money back for earned income credit. I had income of approx $16,000 taking care of my aged parents. Rather than paying me directly, they paid some of the earnings directly to my landlord...

Form 1040nr - file schedule D or schedule NEC [ 1 Answers ]

Hi If in 2009 I had some capital gains (through stocks), do I need to file Schedule D or file Schedule NEC? Thanks

Must I file Schedule C [ 2 Answers ]

I sell Avon, I have filed Schedule C with my 1040 ( I work part time) for the past 3 yrs each time showing a loss and no profit for Avon this year it is the same I'm thinking it is a hobby as I don't work at it. Do I have to file a Schedule C this year( I'm showing a loss) or can I just forget it

Do I need to file schedule c for my 1099-misc? [ 1 Answers ]

The amount on 1099-misc is 600$ and my expences for it on schedule C are 425.59. Do I only write 174$ on line 13 of 1040NR or am I better of doing deductions for this in my Itemised deductions-schedule A and writing full amount of 600 as business profit?

View more questions Search