Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    strongestgeorge Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2007, 11:20 PM
    Is it O.K. to send 1040X with W-7?
    Hi!
    I need your help!

I already did e-file my tax return 2006. But I found that I have to amend some points because I got married with my wife (Foreign national) . I forgot to file her W-7 and some points about my wife...
    (Maybe she will be mad if she hear it...

So, my question is "Is it O.K. to send 1040X with W-7 to IRS?"
    I checked IRS webpage and it says, "Send W-7 with an original 1040 form." But in my case, I already sent it.

I would appreciate if you would let me know it!
    In advance, thank you very much for your great help.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 25, 2007, 01:16 AM
    Yes, you can send a W-7 with a Form 1040X. I did it in January for a client and she just got the ITIN.
    strongestgeorge Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2007, 10:28 AM
    Dear Atkanta Tax Expert:

Thank you very much! You are a great helper! I really appreciate!

In fact, yestertday, I asked a lady at H&R block about the same question, but she said "I do not know." She is not an expert! I will not use H&R block anymore.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 26, 2007, 10:47 AM
    Good conculsion about H&R Block, at least where international taxes are concerned.

If you need my professional tax help, contact me at [email protected].

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Form 1040X for 2004 and 2005 [ 1 Answers ]

I have to fill out the form 1040X for the years of 2004 and 2005, I do not have the money to pay a tax preparer, so I would like to prepare the form on my own. Would someone be able to direct me to a filled out example of form 1040X? Or could someone show me how to fill out the form...

Stuff others send me [ 1 Answers ]

A little girl, dressed in her Sunday best, was running as fast as she could, trying not to be late for Bible class. As she ran she prayed, "Dear Lord, please don't let me be late! Dear Lord, please don't let me be late!" While she was running and praying, she tripped on a curb and...

ITIN/ 1040X question [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My wife and me got married in June of 2005. So, for tax purposes I considered myself married for FY 2005. I was on an F1 visa then and it got converted to a H1 in Oct of 2005. I filed the 1040NR filing jointly. I had already instructed my employer about SS taxes and Medicare taxes so those...

1040X and 1040 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Atlanta expert, Thanks for all your help. Based on your response, I am not filing 1040NR form. Thoguh I was married at end of 2004, I filed my return as single. So I am filing form 1040X and 1040 again. Hope this is fine. Please let me know if I need to send any other form with these 2...

View more questions Search