Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jasonm408 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2012, 12:11 PM
    GA revenue problem
    In 2006 when I filled my state of GA return it came out that I owed a little bit and I had my now accountant amend the return and I got money back from the state and I have received a return every year since. When I recently looked at my credit there is a public record saying I owe 1800.00 to the State revenue. When I called the lady said it was penalties and interest owed. How is this possible when I never owed and they actually owed me? Plus they have yet to send a letter or call about the so called debt? Any ideas how to clear it up?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Apr 12, 2012, 12:35 PM
    Perhaps they sent out a letter disputing your filing which you never received (lost in the mail?) and since you didn't respond they figured you weren't going to dispute their findings. But I'm surprised that if this was from 6 years ago they haven't continued to pursue you for payment.

Contact the GA taxpayer service office and request an accounting of the penalties and interest they say you owe: https://etax.dor.ga.gov/Tabs/About.aspx

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Revenue [ 1 Answers ]

Baker Company purchased 40% of the outstanding common stock of Yann Corporation on Jan 1st, 2011. Yan reported net income of 90,000dollars and declared cash and paid cash dividend on common stock of 25,000 dollars. Baker should report revenue from its investment in Yann for 2011 of how much?

Revenue [ 1 Answers ]

I earned $83.00 interest on my company bank account for the month of May. Is this considered revenue for the month of May?

View more questions Search