Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aunt_marla_maye Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2007, 01:29 PM
    Filed wrong
    I used taxact and filed both mine and my fiance's taxes. I claimed him as a dependent on mine as I was head of household. I forgot to put that he could be claimed as a dependent on someone else's. If I just file mine without him we are going to loose a lot of money that we need. What should I do? (Mine were rejected by the IRS but his weren't) Thanks.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 22, 2007, 11:57 AM
    In order for you to claim your fiancé, you must:

- Have provided more than half of his support.
    - Have provided a place for him to stay for ALL of 2006.
    - He must have made less than $3,300 in taxable income in 2006.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Filed Wrong Tax Form [ 3 Answers ]

Folks, I need some help. Here are quick details: -On F1 status for the past 4 years (Note: Also on F1 as of Dec 31 2006) -I'm working on OPT and earned US income -Also I have made some interest income through ING Savings account I used CINTAX to file my taxes and even on asking about my...

Live in NJ work in NY W2 filed wrong [ 7 Answers ]

In 2003 my payroll company made a mistake and withheld taxes for NJ, not NY. When I filed my state taxes I filed them as if the W2 was correct. Paying balances to both states with my returns. Last year NY sent me a bill for the W2 withholdings sent to NJ. I called NJ and they sent the W2...

Single Member LLC filed wrong form? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm helping my husband do his taxes this year. He has a new business formed as a single member LLC in 2005. His tax preparer filed form 1065 for 2005. I understand that this should be file on Schedule C. Is that correct? If they did in fact file the wrong form for 2005, what do we have to do...

Filed wrong form [ 9 Answers ]

I'm a j1 student doing hospitality training right now. I filed 1040ez instead of 1040nr. I didn't know about that at all. What should I do? I filed tax return year in 2002 as well. But I don't know if I did right or wrong Because that time I received $3. my friend filed it for me. I was on F-1...

Filed Taxes Wrong Electronically [ 1 Answers ]

I Filed My Tax Returns Wrong, I Filed Married Jointly Instead Of Married Separate, And It Was Done Electronically Online And Submitted. So How Do I Change It, Because Me And My Wife Are Filing Separate, But I Already Filed Jointly Without Including Her Income. Help

View more questions Search