Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    msbess Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2007, 08:37 AM
    1099 misc
    I received an 1099 misc from the university I attended. It have a total in Box 3 and federal withholding in box 4. what form do I use and where does it appear on the 1040.

Thanks in advance :confused:
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 31, 2007, 11:16 AM
    Box #3 income is normally reported on Line #21 of Form 1040.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1099 Misc [ 1 Answers ]

I am a resident of India currently on H1 B I received a 1099 misc for 700$ reported in box 7 for services provided in a health study from my employer. How should I report this? Can I use 1040 NR? Thanks for your help VBK

1099-MISC and w2 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Me and my wife both were on H1 last year. I had 2 W2s last year, and my wife was working as a contractor for the first 3 months last year and then she was on a W2 for the rest of the year. She got a 1099-MISC from the contractor for the first three months of last year. Could you tell me...

1099-misc, ss-8, etc. Need help! [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, hopefully someone can help me here. This last summer I worked for the University of Michigan as an undergraduate student researcher. I worked under a professor and in my opinion was CLEARLY an employee. However, I recently received a good old 1099-MISC form from U of Michigan stating the...

1099-misc Help! [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Okay, so here is a tough one for you... hopefully you can help me out! This is very confusing for me! I am Canadian and work in the United States under the Trade NAFTA agreement. I commute almost everyday so I do not live in the US. I work for a very small company where I fall in...

1099-misc for h-1 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Can a person on H-1B working for only one employer receive 1099-MISC instead of W-2 from that employer? Thanks.

View more questions Search