Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ivoangelo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2007, 10:06 PM
    Tax Return for H3b Visa holder
    A friend of mine is currently working in th U.S on a H-3B visa. She has been advised that she can only claim back $602 of the $2335,62 in Federal Tax that she has paid in over the last year... is this possible ?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 26, 2007, 09:45 AM
    I believe the visa is H-1B.

If only $602 dollars was withheld from her salary, and she is under the age of 25 at the end of 2006, then, yes, that amount is very possible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tax Return for H1B visa holder -expenses- [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am on H1B visa since this Oct. 2nd. My OPT expired on June 2006, so I went back to Japan and stayed there Until end of Sept. My company hold my position while I am gone since I was supposed to apply last year (Due date was so quick so I could not Apply, but company promissed they'll...

Tax for H1 and H4 visa holder [ 5 Answers ]

I am in H1b Visa, my wife came here in H4 visa in Nov 15, 2006. Can I fill 1040 for 2006 jointly with my wife so that we can receive 13000 standard deduction? She needs a ITIN? She can not have a SSN. Thanks.

How should a h1-b holder file tax return? [ 3 Answers ]

I got hi-b visa and arrived and worked in New York at November 1,2005. How should I file tax return? How many kinds of taxes should I pay? Which forms should I use? I only know the deadline of 2005 income tax return is July 17,2006. Thank you very much.

Tax return for "married" with wife on H4 Visa [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am in New Jersey since September 2004. So in the calendar year of 2005 I have been a resident of New Jersey. I am on H1 Visa. My wife Came to US in May 2005 on H4 Visa. I have following questions on filing tax return for 2005: 1. Am I a resident alien? Is my wife a ...

State tax filing for F1 visa holder - spouse has no ITIN/SSN [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I am a student on an F-1 visa , and have a wife on an F-2 dependent visa. I can file the federal tax forms without an ITIN for my wife as I will be completing a W7 to apply for an ITIN. How can I claim my wife on any of the state tax forms, as they ask for the spouse's ITIN? Thanks in...

View more questions Search