Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gari Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2007, 03:10 AM
    Inherited property
    Sir, we are three brothers, my father has inherited the property frm my grandpa.My father has not done the registry of the land .Now I want to know that when we three brothers will inherit the property from him,will it be necessary get the registration done of the land which will be given to me, as I want to sell my portion.
    I want to know all the details and laws regarding this situation .How much money is to be given for registration.
    Thanking you.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 14, 2007, 08:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gari
    Sir, we are three brothers........... i want to know all the details and laws regarding this situation..... thanking you.
    Hello gari:

First off, I'm not a sir, I'm an exconvict. We don't call 'em sir over here.

Anyway, I think you're smart to want to know the details and all the laws regarding your situation. Unfortunately, this site isn't geared for DETAILED law. Specific details geared to YOUR family, will have to be gotten from your own lawyer. I recommend you hire one.

After all, every county, and every state, and indeed, every country does it differently, and even calls it different things.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 14, 2007, 09:36 AM
    What happens is your father needs to file a need deed under his name, and it would be best if he is elderly to add all of his children on that deed, so nothing else has to be done after he passes.

So what you need to do is go with your father to a real estate attorney ( maybe a couple hundred dollars) get a new deed done and file ( a couple more hundred dollars most likely)

If your father wants to give portions of land to people, he will need to subdivide prior to his death and either deed or will that part to you.

If not all the land will have to be sold and the money divided amount the family members.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is the house inherited property? [ 6 Answers ]

My mother passed in May leaving my brother and I both executors and beneficiaries of her estate. It turns out, without either of our knowledge, she changed her deed to make herself, myself, and my brother "joint tenants with survivorship" This transfer was made in March 2003 and she passed in May...

Taxes on inherited property [ 4 Answers ]

I inherited property from step mother who had life estate of property which belonged to my father. My brother had already past away but had two daughters so I received 1/2 and they 1/4 each. Do I have to figure taxes on my half? Do I have to pay taxes on it or report it on my taxes? Thanks for your...

Inherited Property Being Sold- Taxes? [ 1 Answers ]

My father died and left property in trust for my mother, my brother and I. (40 years ago.) My mother dies in 1989, and the property transferred to my brother and I. The trust was dissolved in 1994. I have paid taxes on this property continuously. The property value has increased 10x. It...

Basis in inherited property [ 1 Answers ]

I inherited rental real estate property from an uncle that past away 7 years ago. I just now received it because his will gave a life estate to his wife for the income from the property during her life. He owned the property as separate property. She has now passed away and I have received the...

View more questions Search