Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chica1988 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2010, 01:48 PM
    How to do taxes with an itin
    I have a friend that needs to know how to do his taxes with an itin number? He has the itin number. Would he do his taxes just like any other person would?
    Five Rings Posts: 459, Reputation: 7

Feb 2, 2010, 02:01 PM

The ITIN number goes in that part of the tax form that asks for your social security number.

Depending on your residency status you will file either a 1040 or 1040NR and do it like any other person would.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If I have an ITIN # and I file taxes with my husband [ 4 Answers ]

When I went to E-File with my husband when he put in my ITIN # it took a substantial amount of money from the return does anyone know why this would happen? Please help very important thank you

How can I file Taxes using an ITIN but W2 has an SSN? [ 1 Answers ]

My nephew does not have an SSN, when he applied for a job he used an SSN (I do not know if the SSN is invalid). He does have an ITIN and he would like to know how to file for income taxes using the received W2 with the given SSN but using his ITIN instead. Thanks for any help.

ITIN for my wife to file taxes [ 1 Answers ]

Does my wife need a ITIN to file taxes with me? I have a H1B visa

H4 taxes NJ state without ITIN [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am working in NJ on H1 since Feb06, and my wife and kid came over from India in July06. I need to file both the Federal and NJ State tax return, which I'd be filing jointly. Questions: Can I file NJ return without ITINs for my wife and kid?

Help: Filed taxes for spouse -- without ITIN [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am on H1B and my wife is on H4. I filed the joint taxes for 2006 without getting an ITIN for her How do I rectify this blunder -- Do I have to re-file my taxes? Thanks, Dhar

View more questions Search